Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BuckWheat
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me How much KE I have and how to figure that out.

100g.r. Spitfire
GT 5575 XT hunter
68lbs
27 1/2" draw
290fps
2" blazer W/ a standard blazer wrap
I'm not real sure How much my arrows weigh(sorry)

·
BuckWheat
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I appreciate it i guess my arrows to be around 330grains does that sound right if it is then i have about 61 lbs. of KE is that enough for a mechanical on a deer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You'll have to know the arrow weight in order to get the kinetic energy. The formula for kinetic enrgy is velocity squared times mass, then divide that number by 450240. For example I'll give you mine. [(230*230)*382]/450240=44.9

I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hoyt108, If youa re getting 61 lbs then that is plenty for pretty much anything in North America. For whitetail deer, I think around 35 is sufficient.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Yes sir, you'll have more than enough KE for a mech b-head. You should have very similar KE levels as I do and I've been using Rockets with excellent results. I would suggest that you keep your choices to less than a 1 3/4" cutting diameter unless you bump up your KE a bit. Good luck and good shootin'

·
BuckWheat
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well 61lbs. of KE might not be right i just guessed my arrow weight at 330 grains so I don't know if it is right. I guess I will have to go to the sporting goods store and get them weighed. Cause 61lbs. sounds like alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts