Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I went to a pro shop to ask how much it would cost to change my strings with new winners choice and cables, etc and the total was $150. about 45 for strings, 45 for cables, and a bunch of other stuff I didn't quite recognize like split cables and what not. I'm using a pro elite 1/2 cams and I have no idea how much is a fair price to change strings and cables for my bow. I need some opinions

· Registered
1,140 Posts
Winners Choice are some of the more expensive to buy. Putting them on, putting in a peep and making sure it is all shooting well, $150 is probably the going rate.

· Live Life To The Fullest
5,534 Posts
If your doing the work yourself thats high but if the shop is doing the work thats about right. the shop I use charges 100 for stock strings.

· Registered
7,899 Posts
buy a custom set here for 55 to 65 bucks and most shops put them on for around 30 bucks (atleast by me that what they charge), the custom strings are as good if not better.

100 bucks tops...you do the math:tongue:

· Live Life To The Fullest
5,534 Posts
depending on what bow you have some bows have three strings. one string one cable and one split cable or called a yoke cable the end makes a Y

· Registered
769 Posts
I would use one of the custom string makers from here. They strings are going to be better than the winners choice and alot cheaper.

· Registered
69 Posts
I would shop around....

I purched custom scorpion string & cables through my local shop, and the owner installed the peep, a new loop, tuned my cams, and made sure the bow was paper tuning bullet holes.....all free of charge!!!

My bow was not even purchased there....If I buy a item from him no questions asked the install is free, no mater what it is, or how long it takes to crono or tune.

Best of all, he does all work on the spot. I never have to be without my bow waiting on a repair.

Best shop ever!!! Im sure if you look hard enough in your area you can find a shop who is glad to have your business and wants you to keep coming back.

jonny

· Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would shop around....

I purched custom scorpion string & cables through my local shop, and the owner installed the peep, a new loop, tuned my cams, and made sure the bow was paper tuning bullet holes.....all free of charge!!!

My bow was not even purchased there....If I buy a item from him no questions asked the install is free, no mater what it is, or how long it takes to crono or tune.

Best of all, he does all work on the spot. I never have to be without my bow waiting on a repair.

Best shop ever!!! Im sure if you look hard enough in your area you can find a shop who is glad to have your business and wants you to keep coming back.

jonny
Wow, what state do u live in. I would sure love to send my bow to this guy! lol

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Pain $40 for my Vapor trails installed with my old peep...$5 for D-loop, $5 for cat whiskers, so like $55 total...

· Banned
286 Posts
if you live in georgia i would do it for free i bought complete set of strings winner and stone mt for 20 dollars..off these sights...thier a guy on here who sell them and he's also sale on ebay then have the shop put the strings on and charge you labor you would come out way ahead..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.