Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread is more oriented to know how often do people change LIMBS... but also would like to know how often do they change strings/cables.

Happy shooting

·
Registered
52 Posts
You should change you strings and cables every 2 years!

I've never heard of anyone replacing a limb unless it gets damaged.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Strings/Cables every 2- 3 years for me..... limbs only if damaged

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Typically would only change limbs when they are damaged, but in my case I changed limbs because Elite would not sell me a 37 in the riser color / limb color combination I wanted. I'm old enough to be from the day when most target bows had white limbs, still like the look.

IMG_2701.JPG

·
Hunter of many things
12,113 Posts
I change strings every year or two, but that only because I want to try a new material or color. As far as limbs go the only reason I would change them is to change deflection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Change strings every year. Lots of shooting and weather. Beat em up in the mountains

Sent from my SM-G935V using Archery Talk forum

·
Registered
50,332 Posts
There is only two reasons to change limbs
#1they broke
#2 you want a different poundage range
Strings and cables, at least every 3 years.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Never changed limbs other than one time I had a problem with a limb. Why would you otherwise unless there is a defect or something? Not sure I have kept a bow long enough to worry about strings other than the initial change after purchase.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Hold'n steady
1,337 Posts
Cables and Strings usually every 1-2 years for me but I like to change it up. Limbs only if they have a chip or crack...

·
Coram Deo
3,287 Posts
My NFAA bow- new strings/cables at the start of every season.

My hunting and 3D bows.... whenever I start to see wear, which, so far, is "I haven't". But the oldest is 3 years old with maybe 75-100 shots thru it. The other one is new to me about 4 months ago, put new threads on it then.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Strings, depents on their condition. On average, I replace strings about every two years or so on two of my bows. The others bows have to wait a little longer, because of the money involved.
Limbs is a different story since they usualy last longer. I will replace limbs on my two "go to bows" in case of damage, limb splinter or such but than, after repair ( if possible ), they`re gonna be used on other bows, ( if possible ).

·
Registered
818 Posts
Like everyone else said, no reason to change limbs unless you want a different draw weight range or if they are damaged. I usually tell people that if you shoot often, change your strings every 2-3 years for performance, and every 3-4 years for safety.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts