Votes: 25 19.5%
  • 75- 100%

Votes: 63 49.2%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far this year I am at about a 25% rate for seeing deer on my trips out. What range do you all find yourselves in?

PS, If you answer 75 - 100%, please also include GPS coordinates :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Josh Michaelis said:
95%,

2 mornings and 4 evenings Ive seen deer every trip, have had deer within bow range every trip
I have taken the exact same trips as you listed...saw 4-5 on one afternoon, nothing other trips out.:cry:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Almost every night when I come home from work, I've got deer around the house and in my neighbor's field. Only one very small buck that I've seen, maybe 2-3 points. ten or more does/fawns. Had a couple last night clearly on my property, I parked my car and was able to walk within bow range without them even spooking. Something tells me they've not seen hunting pressure in years or ever-they don't scatter when I drive up, or when I walk out or make noises at all.

Had most of them in rifle range, a few in bow range, though I don't feel proficient enough yet to take those shots-first season with a bow, so until I am really shooting nice groups, I may use this as an educational season....

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
inatree said:
I have taken the exact same trips as you listed...saw 4-5 on one afternoon, nothing other trips out.:cry:

One evening I saw 1, but other than that I have seen 10 or more a night, I saw over 25 sunday night and 10-12 monday night. You got to love early season

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I spend entirely to much money on hunting toys and work way to hard on the land and the food plots to not see atleast a Doe or two on even the slowest days. :wink:

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Where I live deer desities are pretty high. Seeing one is not a problem. Seeing a big one can be tough.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
picked up a new place to hunt last year and I saw deer nearly every time I was out, and saw (for me) a lot of deer. I saw 22 the one day. It peters off as the season goes to gun though. archery, I'll see deer say 85% of the time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Used to see deer about 75% of the time,but for the last 7 years it has been eab and extra doe gun hunts I'm down to 25% if lucky.There is public around the private 40 I hunt and they have waked um good.The rest plain don't want to move in the light.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I haven't been up a tree yet this year.....come on Saturday. But I voted 75-100%. I can't remember the last time I went hunting and didn't see atleast one deer.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I see them almost 100% of the time. Only shoot one about 35-40% of the time, though (mostly does 5 or 6 a year).

It took a long time of learning to get to this.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oklahoma

Probably 50% to 75% for me here in NE Oklahoma. The deer population is good, but I hunt on public land and it can be tough sometimes. I usually hunt a different spot every time. In a weeks time, I may have to hunt in 10 different trees.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Chatham County

There are tons of deer in chatham. I see deer every time I go hunting and every night in the yard(eating under the deer feeder:teeth: ) The only time I hunted Chatham this year was opening day and I came away with a buck. 1st Bow Kill Full Velvet 10 Pt.

Tell me more about your setup and where you hunt, I might be able to help.
Just PM me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i am getting ill, Sep 30, 2006 could cure me

Last year was dismal. Bumper acorn crop kept the sightings to a minimum. Maybe one out of ten trips did i see deer. This year, few acorns. only can get better

1 - 20 of 23 Posts