· Bettering the last.....
6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am guessing 3.5 but my hunting partner says 2.5

Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
3,271 Posts
I think most guys err on the conservative side when it comes to aging deer from looking at pictures...not that it's a bad thing.

This buck looks pretty filled out in the neck and body and has good tine length so I'd say he's a 3.5 year old.

Edit: I didn't see the daylight photo first time, but seeing now that the main beams aren't that long I'm gonna have to lean toward a 2.5 year old with pretty good genetics and eatin well. Almost looks like he has two main beams on his left side. Nice buck.

6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
His neck and fornt shoudlers made me think 3.5. Age may be debated- him being goofy is fact. :confused:

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
Hard to tell with the limited views in the night photos. What attributes do you see that make you think 3.5? You know your local herd and potential better than we do. In some areas of the country, he would be a typical 2.5..in others a typical 3.5.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
another vote for 2 1/2 here. good potential there.

6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I think he is getting passed....at 3.5 he was in some danger...but hopefully he stays out and we will give him another year.

I was thinking the way his neck meets his torso. I also thought his fornt shoulder show more wieght than his arse. I guess the more i look at that picture the longer his legs look.

Cant be right everytime.....:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.