Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother took this pic last Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
I would say 3 1/2 to 4 1/2.

When they hit 3 1/2 it gets very very hard to say without pulling a jawbone. He is definitley a mature animal.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'd say 3 1/2. A buck with great genetics. Let him breed a couple more seasons so there will be alot more like him. :tongue:

·
Registered
645 Posts
I would say 4.5. His back is starting to sag. Very nice buck, I would say worthy of a carbon express.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
who cares hell be deceased as soon as i get the gps coordinates hehehehehehehehehe gimme gimme gimme

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
he is 3yrs 2 months and 14 days old, conceived on a hillside with a 2yr old doe and a 155" 3yr old buck who was harvested that same year by a rifle hunter.

LOL, who cares!!! He's a shooter

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would say without a doubt that hes 4 1/2 but then i look at his neck......look how skinny it is?!

his body in general is big and mature, belly sags slightly, back sags a little also.....but the neck doesnt look like it would fit a deer thats 4 1/2......JMO

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
When he is down and you can have his teeth examined, then you'll know how old...otherwise it is just a guess

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I would say at least 41/2 he is noticeably larger then other deer around him and the sway back tells me he is pretty mature, i could be wrong though, but thats what id guess, his face looks a little grey to me too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts