Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just set up my first fall away on my own. how do yall trim up the extra string. thanks. i feel silly. about a half inch or so?????

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
I tied mine off so that it comes to full height just before I am at full draw.

I have about an inch of draw left when its fully raised. Which leaves about one inch of slop on my string.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um i dont see what you are saying. mine has a little clamp that goes around my bow cable and around the string that pulls the qad ultra rest up. how much rest string should i have left over under that clamp when i have it set up to the manufacturers directions. sorry but i cant envision what you are saying. how much tag end left over at that little clamp.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Well It is different for each set up, As long as the rest comes up late and falls down fast,... Your good.

I have set up two fall away rests, a nap Quicktune and it had about an inch left over, and my new Alpine, it has more like 1.5"

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
sgrem - 1st off did you do this?

Set the little clamp on the cable that holds the cord about 3/4" - 1" below where the cord comes out of the back of the rest. In other words don't set it to low!

With the launcher in the up position, do not tighten the clamp on the cable down all the way, instead leave it loose enough that the cord will pull through the clamp when you draw and it WILL NOT release the launcher arm.

Next after you let down you should notice that the cord pulled threw the clamp some. Now pull the cord approximately 1/8" - 1/4" through the clamp and tighten. Presto when you draw back it should set the launcher off this time.

The only reason I went ahead and posted all this is because most guys attach the cord to low to begin with on the cable so I hope you don't mind me posting the info. Now any excess you have left on the back side of the clamp trim with a razor knife or scissors and burn the end so it does not fray.

Good Luck Hunting!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GSLAM, Great info. but my clamp is about 2.5 inches lower. it is a trykon and the clamp touches the other cable at full draw if it is any higher. is that a problem. i have it set right where it is but it is 2.5 inches lower than the rest arm. about 2 inches lower than the bottom of the rest frame. the instructions said lower would be better because of the angle so now i am confused. just wondering how much tag end to leave below the little clamp. am i messing up.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
GM try keeping it a half inch long until you shoot it in good and then cut it 1/4'and melt the end.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
sgrem - You have a pm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts