Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to add pictures to a post, can anyone help me? I tred to add tehm but it kept telling me it failed!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
me too

i have been trying to find where the right tool is for posting them. i can not even find that part.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
The best thing to do is use a hosting site like photobucket or something similar, then download all your pics in there, and then you can just paste links to your photo's directly in to your threads, and also it doesn't slow AT down as much if AT doesn't have to host the pics ! :darkbeer:

Woody

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
It's really very easy . When you type in your message look down below the submit button and you will see a radio button that says "Manage Attachments". Click on it and it willl bring up a box that says Browse and Upload. Click on the Browse button first and upload the picture from your computer or whereever and then click on Upload. It will upload your picture and then click Submit Reply

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
You dont have to upload them to Photobucket first. Click on the Manage Attachments and upload them straight to here. Just like I did on my last post, it came from my computer.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
WHat type of picture are you trying to upload and under what format is it saved, jpeg , bitmap etc. when you click on manage attachments it shows a lists of formats that it will accept.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
You can just do the "manage attachments" thing as already mentioned, but i think it limits how big your pics can be, which might be why it won't let you do it ???

Also i think once you have posted a pic in a thread, it won't let you post that same pic again in a different thread until you have deleted it from the first thread ??? i think that's how it works ???

Once you have your pics on photobucket you put your mouse/cursor on the pic and a drop down section will appear under the pic, you click the little box under the pics you want to use and then you can either copy paste the "IMG" link under the pic if you just want to post up one pic, or if you want to post up multiple pics you can click on the link at the bottom right hand corner of the page that says "generate HTML and IMG code" and copy paste the contents of the "IMG" section straight in to your thread.

Woody

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
It is also possible that your picture is too large of size to upload so you will have to downsize it . Do you have any software to do that? If not click on the link and you can download this free software for resizing pics. I use it myself
http://www.irfanview.com/

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I prefer to use photobucket to host my pics for 2 main reasons, firstly, because it doesn't limit the size of the pics you can post, and second, because i don't have to feel guilty about clogging up AT and slowing it down by making AT host the pics ! :darkbeer:

Woody

1 - 15 of 15 Posts