Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably silly question, but here is the story:

I had cheap cartlel 10x32 thread sight and MAC ten zone scope. With rattling i soon realized how important is to have good sight, so bought CBE quad lite target.
I am happy with sight, just what i expected, but i have problem with attaching scope. I screw it in, but goes in 1/4 turn more, and stops looking upwards. Tried with screwing in/out, putting in nut between scope and block where it screws in, all the same... it is bit oversrewed. If i leave it out, not screwed in and in good position, then scope is not locked and keeps rotating. There is no way to fix thread in sight, so as i see it, i have to fix it motionless in position by screwing in to maximum.

Only solution i see is trying out different size nuts/gaskets between scope and sight so it stops in good position, or glue scope to thread in better position, but that seems bit too much complicated for simple scope installation in sight. My previous sight (cheap cartel) had bolt with threaded block, that when screwed in pressed against scope thread and kept it in position with pressure.

Am i missing something? How people fix in scope in other sights?

Probably another solution would be to buy CBE scope, it should be more compatible with sight, i hope :) but seems waste of money/time because i have one scope already…

Any tips, suggestions?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
What kind of scope are you using? I have two of them one has a CBE scope on it and the other has a CR scope housing. Both lock down the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
first, see if you can rotate the scope rod in the scope. that way, you can play with it until it lines up. second, go to a hardware store that carries lots of screws,bolts, etc, and buy a few different types of washers, then use different combinations of them to achieve the alignment you want. i've had a shibuya 29mm scope on my quad for 3 years with no movement whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
You shouldn't really need anything special or really be having a problem locking the scope down.

Here is a pic of the the CR housing and the screw I use. It isn't the ideal size when it comes to the head but it works and I just haven't put a smaller one on yet.

But it serves it's purpose and works just like the CBE housing. You just need an Allen wrench and tighten it down through the other side of the housing. The bolt under it is what comes with the scope for use if your mounting the CBE housing to another site but you can also use it to mount another housing on a CBE sight.

When I first started using the QL I used the CR housing and the regular scope rod that came with the scope and used the little washer thing that comes with the sight that butts up against the end of the screw and the scope rod sleeve, thats what the little piece is, there is plastic built into it and that thing locks down tight you will need a wrench or pliers to get it on the rod If you call CBE I am sure they will send you one if you don't have one.

I then switched to the CBE housing because I liked it better. Then I got another QL and went to the screw I have in the CR for the new one. This method locks down MUCH tighter then the other method.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies.

DSC_1114.jpg

It is Mac Ten Zone - link

As you see i have only one nut with scope, and on the left is bolt that came with sight, it was screwed in sight where thread goes in. no thread with sight.

I won’t be bothering CBE since i am on the other side of the world :) it would cost more to send it that thing is worth :)

I tried rotating and lining etc. but that didn't work. when i shoot i add some cardboard piece between sight and scope to get what i need, so i guess i'll find some plastic washers, that fit in, and glue them to scope, that should help. Or maybe i'll get another thread with head for wrench, because now only way to tighten it in is to screw scope itself.

Thanks for help :icon_salut:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
You should be able to just use the little screw. Thread it through the hole on the inside of the scope and into the barrel and tighten it down. If it isn't long enough. Which it looks like it probably isn't. Then get a longer one and use that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts