Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Do i have to clean out the inside of the release, like where the trigger and cocking lever is? and also where the jaw is, do i have to clean that and inside it? with what and how?
thankx

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I remember reading on the pkg of the release that if you dissassemble the release it voids the warrenty. All I ever do is use canned air and blow it into the trigger and hook area. If there is dirt I use a moistened Qtip and clean it. Hope this helps.

Bowgal

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and is it bad to cock it then push down the jaw, making it snap into place?
thankx

(how can i tell if there is dirt in the trigger area and jaw area? do i have to look for it often?) :) :)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I don't believe cocking the release and snapping the hook in place is bad.

It depends on how often you shoot, I use the air once or twice a week. Especially after a 3D shoot, my quiver pocket isn't the cleanest place! Normally you won't see the dirt/fuzz that builds up, unless you don't ever care for it. I paid so much for the darn thing I baby it so it will perform well!!! I really like my 2special!

One more thing, I had a friend tear thru a dloop from a sharp burr on the hook where it attaches to the loop. It took several shots, but it let go at full draw before she was ready. She remembered dropping it but failed to inspect it. She couldn't finish the shoot because of it.

Bowgal

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I've seen metal d loops destroy a lot of releases.. imho they
shouldn't even be made.. over time, they're dangerous...
string loops are the only way to go..the problem is someone
uses the release with metal loops and builds up a burr in
the release.. then they switch to a string loop or sell the
release to someone using a string loop... that's when the
problem(s) begins...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts