Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We see several threads everyday that are still open that should have been closed at the time the item is no longer for sale or has sold.

The rules state clearly that the thread must be closed if the item has sold or is no longer for sale. This also includes items that are pending sale.

Some do not know that you can close and open a thread in the classifieds the you started and you can do so an unlimited amount of times. SO closing a thread does not make it permanant you can simply reopen it if the transaction falls through.

Some do not know how to close a thread at all.

That is why I have written this tutorial.

It takes less than one minute to close a thread even on dial up.

Here we go.

Open the thread that you started
At the upper right hand corner you have this window.

Snap 8.jpg

Right below this window in you will see these commands in the toolbar.

Snap 2.jpg

Click "Thread Tools" and a drop down window appears. At the bottom of this drop down window you will see "Moderation Tools". Below that you will see the "Close Thread" Option. Click the radio button and "Perform Action" Button.

Snap 6.jpg

TADA!, you have succcessfully closed your thread.

Closing.jpg

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Close you threads Method 2

You can also close your threads as you post that the item has sold or traded or no longer for sale.

You will Click Post reply as usual.

snap 4.jpg

And at the bottom of the screen underneath the window that you type in the reply or post you will find this menu.

snap 5.jpg

Just check this radio box and hit submit and you are done!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
opening a Closed thread.

This is just as easy as closing a thread as shown in Method 1.

You simply Click the "Thread Tools" but this time under "Moderation Tools" it reads "Open Thread".

Snap 3.jpg

Click the radio button and then click the "Perform Action" button and it will be reopened and then you can get you item back on the board to be resold without opening a new thread.

It is very easy once you have done it and I hope this helps all here at Archerytalk.com

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Thank you Hoyt. Now, no one can claim it is too hard or they don't know how to do it. Now hopefully, people will do it and we can clean up some of the clutter in the classifieds.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Hoyt. Now, no one can claim it is too hard or they don't know how to do it. Now hopefully, people will do it and we can clean up some of the clutter in the classifieds.
That is what I am aiming for.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Good info!
Can't tell you how many times I have read thru a ton of threads, and overlook the lock until I get to the end of the thread of any item I am chomping at the bit for!!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
some on find a mod and see if we can make this a sticky? Or maybe a form they have to read and sign before posting in classifieds

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks for this. It will allow unnecessary threads to drop away like they should.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:bump for all the open threads in classifeds.

Come on guys close em if you have a pending sale or closed the deal.

·
Lurker Extraordinaire
9,221 Posts
Great job!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up Now the real challenge starts.......getting people to read it. Hope they do, I also get tired of looking through an ad only find the item sold. :angry::angry::angry: We've been fighting this issue for a long time and nothing really seem to change it. :sad::sad::sad: Heck, most people don't read any of the classified rules. If they did you wouldn't see all the WTB ads in the sales section.

Kevin

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg it..............

Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-it

For sale is a Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-it 5 pin (.019) sight with the large guard. I had the sight on my bow for approximately a few months and only ever adjusted the top two pins to sight in for 20 and 30 yds, it is in "like new" condition, I just decided I wanted to stick with a single pin sight instead of a multi-pin. This is easily the most well built and adjustable sight I've owned.

$140.00 TYD............
REv Doyle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts