Archery Talk Forum banner

How to date a bow

4752 6
I bought this bow and was wondering what year it was made. Is it a martin?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mildly delusional
2,888 Posts
Larry hatfield is the man you want to track down. He is the best at dating all things Howatt. He probably handled your bow during production. He is to be found on several archery forums. Dating is done through riser design and sn. They changed the riser construction every decade. The first digit in the sn is the year inside that decade. So if built in the 80's and your firs digit is 3, the bow was completed in 83.

·
Registered
464 Posts
hey. ive got a dh high speed similar to yours..mine is a 40# 58inch that I believe is from 1972-1973. shot my first deer with it when I was 12 yrs old in 1974.was wondering if you found out what year yours is? if you want pm me your phone # and i'll text you some pics of mine.nice bow!

·
Registered
142 Posts
hey. ive got a dh high speed similar to yours..mine is a 40# 58inch that I believe is from 1972-1973. shot my first deer with it when I was 12 yrs old in 1974.was wondering if you found out what year yours is? if you want pm me your phone # and i'll text you some pics of mine.nice bow!
I think that you're right, a 72-73. The guys on sttickbow.com told me that my Hi Speed is a 1974, the first year curved stripe. What a shooter! And pretty too! :D I love this elevated rest.
Wood

Art Wood Painting Still life Modern art

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.