Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a formula that allows one to determine the best place to start with FOC when designing arrows. I am using GT UL22s, so the spine is predetermined...stiff. I was just wondering how you figure which point weight is best for your setup. I am currently putting arrows together for an Ultraelite, XT3000limbs, spiral cam&1/2 at 62lbs draw. My arrows will be cut at approx. 28" with about a half inch of overhang. I'll be using arrow wraps cut in half, mini blazers and pin nocks. I don't care about broadheads as this is strictly a target rig. In the past, I have just glued in the points as suggested by the vendor, but I was wondering if there isn't a better way, especially since the points I am using allow the addition of internal weights for tuning. I have 80gr points and 20gr internal weights.

Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information...

I found this same formula yesterday in the Easton tuning guide. I measured my arrows and came up with a FOC of 9.8%, which is probably pretty good for target arrows. That's with full Blazers and 80gr tips with 20gr weights. I expect that the mini blazers will move it forward slightly more, which I expect is okay. The arrows seem to tune pretty well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts