Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Athens anthym coming in a few weeks and trying to determine front bar size. I'm 28" draw and the bow is 37 ATA. Will be used for a target rig only. I heard once a good rule of thumb is to have the front bar at least the same length as your draw? Will run a KTECH 12" off the back. Thanks for any input

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Tapatalk

·
Never Forget
1,782 Posts
I shoot a 28.5" draw with a 24 off the front and a 12" off the back. To me, it's whatever your preference is. Personally, I don't like the real long bars. As long as it's balanced good, according to your liking, you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shoot a 28.5" draw with a 24 off the front and a 12" off the back. To me, it's whatever your preference is. Personally, I don't like the real long bars. As long as it's balanced good, according to your liking, you'll be good to go.
See I shot last year with 22 up front and 12 off the back and liked that. That was on my hunting bow though. Fist time owning an actual target bow. I just wouldn't be able to set the bow on the ground with a 22 up front

·
Never Forget
1,782 Posts
I shot that setup on my supra and it felt great.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,688 Posts
I have an Athens anthym coming in a few weeks and trying to determine front bar size. I'm 28" draw and the bow is 37 ATA. Will be used for a target rig only. I heard once a good rule of thumb is to have the front bar at least the same length as your draw? Will run a KTECH 12" off the back. Thanks for any input

Some one posted of some rule of thumb, but if say you use a 30" front you just use less weight. I've had half dozen target bows using 30" and used no more than 3 1/2 ounces. My present bow (bow do vary) has 7 ounces on a 30" stab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts