Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The only 2 shops that carry bowtech within driving distance simply will not order these for me. I just want spares and do all my own bow work. The two shops say they will or have ordered them, but they never show up. Bowtech won't ship even simple parts directly to you.

This has gone on for a few months. I guess there just isn't any money in it for them (despite me buying the bow from one of these shops) or maybe they don't understand why someone might want spares for a bow they want to keep for a while.

Any help is appreciated. I'd like 4 of them because I want extra before they stop making them for that bow.

Also, I don't want Lucky Stops.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The only 2 shops that carry bowtech within driving distance simply will not order these for me. I just want spares and do all my own bow work. The two shops say they will or have ordered them, but they never show up. Bowtech won't ship even simple parts directly to you.

This has gone on for a few months. I guess there just isn't any money in it for them (despite me buying the bow from one of these shops) or maybe they don't understand why someone might want spares for a bow they want to keep for a while.

Any help is appreciated. I'd like 4 of them because I want extra before they stop making them for that bow.

Also, I don't want Lucky Stops.
second comments here.... missed you didn't want lucky stps before.
Have you tried some place like Lancaster Archery? They should be able to order them for you then mail then to you as any other mail order part. Or... like me...any local Bass Pro shop can order them and you can pick them up in the store. BTDT with new cams. I even got on the phone with them to give the c.c. # while in the store.
ptegler

·
Registered
121 Posts
second comments here.... missed you didn't want lucky stps before.
Have you tried some place like Lancaster Archery? They should be able to order them for you then mail then to you as any other mail order part. Or... like me...any local Bass Pro shop can order them and you can pick them up in the store. BTDT with new cams. I even got on the phone with them to give the c.c. # while in the store.
ptegler
Cabela's/BassPro is not a Bowtech dealer. They are a Diamond dealer and can order and sell parts for Diamonds, but they cannot do that for Bowtech bows. Yes, Diamond and Bowtech are technically the same company, but they are very separate in sales and distributorship. Only authorized Bowtech brand dealers can order Bowtech parts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Cabela's/BassPro is not a Bowtech dealer. They are a Diamond dealer and can order and sell parts for Diamonds, but they cannot do that for Bowtech bows. Yes, Diamond and Bowtech are technically the same company, but they are very separate in sales and distributorship. Only authorized Bowtech brand dealers can order Bowtech parts.
Believe what you need to The Number they called was not a bow tech or diamond center but a parent that handles both ( can’t remember the name right now)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe what you need to The Number they called was not a bow tech or diamond center but a parent that handles both ( can’t remember the name right now)
I might try the local bass pro

i called lancaster archery and after looking through their spare parts, they told me to buy lucky stops

with the trouble i'm encountering, you'd think i was trying to get a lime green ferrari with gold accents

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't have to "believe" anything. I work at a Bowtech dealer. You cannot call Pure Archery Group and get parts. They will direct you to Bowtech. Once there, they will ask for your dealer number. If the dealer (BassPro/Cabelas) is only a Diamond dealer, they will only sell you Diamond parts. They will not ship parts to any non-authorized Bowtech dealer. All Bowtech dealers are also Diamond dealers, but not all Diamond dealers are Bowtech dealers. Case in point.

The fact is that you list a Diamond Deploy. That is not a Bowtech bow, it is a Diamond and BassPro/Cabelas sells Diamonds. But BassPro/Cabelas can not get parts for Bowtechs because they do not carry them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Check with Buckeye Archery Supply. Got some mods from them a while back for a Hoyt. Just checked and looks like they sell Bowtech. Dunno if they sell traded in stuff or if they're an actual dealer but they treated me right. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I know you said you don’t want lucky stops, but not sure if you’d consider bowmar draw stops? I have a set of lucky stops on my Revolt X, and a set of Bowmar on my D340 and much prefer them. Lancaster should have the Bowmar stops

·
Registered
881 Posts
I know you said you didn't want them, and perhaps it's because of a previous poor experience of some sort with them, but wanted to make sure you knew that Lucky Stops smallest size module for your bow will have a "factory stop" position. So you don't have to change anything with your holding weight or DL if you don't want to, you'll just have stops that won't wear out.
The factory draw stops wear out ridiculously fast on the Solution and I didn't want to have to replace them all the time, so I decided to try a set of LS. I bought the smallest size (ar for the Solution) that advertised same as factory at the 1 dot setting. I've had no issues with them except that there is a "ting" noise when I draw hard into the wall. I'll put a sliver of moleskin on them before hunting season to take care of that, I don't mind the noise right now while just practicing and shooting 3d.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts