Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bow says 50-60 lbs. I have it cranked all the weight up and can only get 56lbs how can i get more???

·
Arrow-minded Conservative
3,277 Posts
What can you kill with 60 lbs that you can't kill with 56 lbs?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
What can you kill with 60 lbs that you can't kill with 56 lbs?
4lbs isn't an issue. The fact that the bow will not reach the number posted on the limb sticker is, as it points to the fact that something is not within spec.

·
Registered
779 Posts
4lbs isn't an issue. The fact that the bow will not reach the number posted on the limb sticker is, as it points to the fact that something is not within spec.
It sounds to me like "the issue" in the eyes of the guy who started this thread is the 4 lbs. ;)

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
The guy shouldn't have scaled it then?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason i was asking the questions was. I did not know if something was wrong or are some bows this way. I just thought it might max out at 60+ lbs. Thanks for the info...:teeth:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
if the string is exactly right and the cables is exactly right then the # should come to 60 but who can say...Adjust a lttle one way or the other and the max pounds could be low, or high or the cams mis timed.
If it shoots well leave it as it it.

Lengthen the string does which again ?
lengthen the cables does ?
It is a balance act.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts