Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled a permit for Three Lakes WMA for the opening weekend of archery season. I've never hunted there before and wanted to see if anyone on here could offer some advice on how to prepare for this hunt. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've looked into it, but didn't draw any permits this year. It's supposed to be a decent WMA, but that's just from research on the florida sportsman forum.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I didn't get my picks first round. Three Lakes had some left overs for the second round, so I'm hopeful. Any way, to answer your question. Get topos, look at Google Earth or Bing, go there and look around.

That's the best advice I got.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Go to MyFWC.com, under the hunting section. Once you have a license, enter yourself into the system, and you should be legible for 2nd round picks. All the hunts are listed, just reference the map for what is close to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't get my picks first round. Three Lakes had some left overs for the second round, so I'm hopeful. Any way, to answer your question. Get topos, look at Google Earth or Bing, go there and look around.

That's the best advice I got.
Do you use a handheld GPS in there at all? I was planning on doing a scouting trip or two to see whats what, but I saw there were three different check in points each with a limit of entries during the actual hunts. any advice on which area of these three check ins to focus on? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Do you use a handheld GPS in there at all? I was planning on doing a scouting trip or two to see whats what, but I saw there were three different check in points each with a limit of entries during the actual hunts. any advice on which area of these three check ins to focus on? Thanks for the help!
I always use a GPS. I like finding my way back to my truck. :) No idea on which area to hunt. If I get a pick in round two, I plan to camp, so whatever area I camp in, I'll hunt. First I have to get a draw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts