Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice. As the title says, I'm trying to figure out how to keep my D-Loop from over-tightening when I'm doing my tuning. I have a Nitrum Turbo that I just restrung. As I'm working through paper tuning and setting my nock height, without fail the top half of my D-loop always gets so tight I can only loosen it sometimes by twisting it around on the string. I don't like to do this as I worry about loosing up my serving. What do you all do to keep your D-loops loose enough to adjust during set up? TIA

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
What kind of d loop material are you using? I always twist my d loop to get it in place. Never seems to cause any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BIG FRANK....
8,272 Posts
I use string wax on the string before i tie the D-loop in, so it slips up &down easier..I don't use a tie in nock in between the D-loop, i use a brass nock for that..

·
Back Yard Champion
27,610 Posts
I wax my d-loop before installing. No issues of overly tight.

I use string tied nocks. Okay, nocking point and arrow rest set for the arrow to intersect the berger hole, before installing the d-loop. About every time it's just a matter of tiny bit of lowering or raising the arrow rest to take care of paper tears.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I wax my d-loop before installing. No issues of overly tight.

I use string tied nocks. Okay, nocking point and arrow rest set for the arrow to intersect the berger hole, before installing the d-loop. About every time it's just a matter of tiny bit of lowering or raising the arrow rest to take care of paper tears.
This^^.

Once I tie a dloop it does not get loosened to slide up and down the string. I use the rest for vertical adjustments. If the dloop is not in the right position it gets cut off and a new one is installed. Rotating those knots around the serving will eventually damage and/or loosen your center serving regardless of who built the string! Good luck!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,332 Posts
If I want to move it, I just pull the knots apart and move it. But I use tied in nock sets, so I have to remove those and retie as well.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
If I want to move it, I just pull the knots apart and move it. But I use tied in nock sets, so I have to remove those and retie as well.
In my experience,
If you use tied nock sets, once you remove the d loop, you can turn the nock set and they will walk up or down the serving just like a screw. Very easy to adjust the nock sets up and down very small amounts this way without having to retie them.

Then slap on a new loop and ready to rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, thanks all for the feedback. Honestly not certain what material I was using for the past 2 years or so. I got 2 or so feet from my local shop. I'm about to switch to BCY #23. Turkeyhunter60, I'm with you, I always use a brass knock as well for my top nocking point. I don't want to correct tears with rest adjustment as I prefer to have by arrow lined up center of the berger hole. Plus any lower and my TT smack down pro will be making contact with my hand. I will try waxing the string and d-loop. But yeah as was mentioned by myself and other, I absolutely do not like twisting anything on the string.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts