Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how you guys/gals keep from getting rust in the bolts of your bows? I am going to R-100 this weekend and its calling for rain the whole weekend :thumbs_do and was trying to keep the bolts on my bow from getting the dreaded rust in them and don't know what is out there to prevent this. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
I have heard of putting a little Vaseline on thew screws.:zip:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
If at all its only light surface rust..so a good scrubbing with a toothbrush generally gets rid of it....cheers..:darkbeer:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have heard of putting a little Vaseline on thew screws.:zip:
yup same here

let us know wat score ur get

last year in sparta i got a 1017 with handicap

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup same here

let us know wat score ur get

last year in sparta i got a 1017 with handicap
Great score just hoping the rain will let up a little for the weekend. So what do I do just put a little vasoline on a q-tip a just dabb at the bolt heads or what??? Just worried that the ol lady will think that I'm cheating on her with my bow :tongue:.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I was just wondering how you guys/gals keep from getting rust in the bolts of your bows? I am going to R-100 this weekend and its calling for rain the whole weekend :thumbs_do and was trying to keep the bolts on my bow from getting the dreaded rust in them and don't know what is out there to prevent this. Any help would be appreciated.
Dip a Q-tip in veg-oil and dab the heads on screws.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I saw something in the hunting section the other day about a guy who said that putting clear nail polish on bolt heads stops rust. Might check that out.

·
Born To Hunt
6,125 Posts
Rust

Get some 316 stainless bolts and paint the heads the color you want before putting them in

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Heck, and all this time I thought having a little rust on your bow components was a "badge of honor". :wink:

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Toothbrush and just regular rust off cleaner is what I use but when im going hunting I dont like to have that scent on it so I normally try let it air out if I know im going to be hunting, but for 3D I wouldnt worry about it.

·
Resident Philosopher
11,625 Posts
Bees wax or String wax is what I use

·
Registered
582 Posts
Great score just hoping the rain will let up a little for the weekend. So what do I do just put a little vasoline on a q-tip a just dabb at the bolt heads or what??? Just worried that the ol lady will think that I'm cheating on her with my bow :tongue:.
yea q-tip will work i just get a 50 gal drum and throw my bow in:wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts