Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tips on how not to be "that guy". I will start

Dont strike up a conversation about your choice of broadhead being the only way to go.

Don't feel the need to explain yourself after shooting a dink.

Dont feel the need to explain why you dont shoot dinks.

Don't get drunk and do doughnuts in a food plot that you helped plant then try to cover it up by throwing limbs over the tire tracks.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Tips on how not to be "that guy". I will start

Dont strike up a conversation about your choice of broadhead being the only way to go.

Don't feel the need to explain yourself after shooting a dink.

Dont feel the need to explain why you dont shoot dinks.

Don't get drunk and do doughnuts in a food plot that you helped plant then try to cover it up by throwing limbs over the tire tracks.
I feel like that last one had a little more influence on this post, than the others did.

Don't be that guy that thinks he owns public land.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like that last one had a little more influence on this post, than the others did.

Long story. He acted all upset about it the next day and showed just as much dissatisfaction as I did then some trail cam pics surfaced and he got caught up in some lies then his wifes best freind spilled the beans. I let it go. I take hunting fairly serious but not serious enough to make an enemy over it.

·
Registered
11,035 Posts
Don't be a quiver sniffer (Cam Hanes, Chris Brackett, T Bone....etc....)

Don't shoot FOBs

Don't shoot a quivalizer

Don't listen to Dale:wink:

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
Don't ask AT archers/bowhunters to pick out ALL your tackle. BHs, Arrows, Bow , fletching, Quiver ect.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Dont assume everyone is a rookie that still uses scent control
The fact that you use scent control has very little to do with the responses you're getting on the other thread.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Dont assume everyone is a rookie that still uses scent control
The fact that you use scent control has very little to do with the responses you're getting on the other thread.

your probably right, I forgot I was in the company of the greatest hunters ever and if you dont 100% agree you will be bashed

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
there are lots of "those guys" on here. A pretty good chance we have been that guy at some point in our hunting career for one reason or another.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok since my account is all of a few hours old take it easy on me.

Don't be a quiver sniffer (Cam Hanes, Chris Brackett, T Bone....etc....). I assume that means like a nut hugger, Groupie ?

Don't shoot FOBs. No idea

Don't shoot a quivalizer. No idea besides it’s more fun to ask than google.

Don't listen to Dale:wink:
. I’ll assume to figure that out on my own. Since you winked I’m guessing a good guy.

Anyway good reading since I plan to stick around this site and not just lurk. Honestly I’ve never taken any game with a bow so i’ll try just not be the guy that asks the same question over and over. Oct 1st is the start of my archery season here. Numbers have not been looking good from the cameras but who knows.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts

. I’ll assume to figure that out on my own. Since you winked I’m guessing a good guy.

Anyway good reading since I plan to stick around this site and not just lurk. Honestly I’ve never taken any game with a bow so i’ll try just not be the guy that asks the same question over and over. Oct 1st is the start of my archery season here. Numbers have not been looking good from the cameras but who knows.
Yep, you’re new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,048 Posts

Since you brought it up, every single question that you will ever think of has been discussed and can be found using the search function. There are "those guys" on AT who have thousands of posts and literally every 3rd or 4th is asking a question. Some have started 500 threads in a couple of years. 500. Don't be "that guy".

1 - 20 of 43 Posts