Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK experts.... I am looking for some ideas as to how to protect my arrows fletching during transport in a hard bow case. I have a few ideas but looking for some more to feed off of. I just recently purchased a military grade SKB double bow case. It is great other than no real area to transport the arrows without compaction of the flectching!! Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the SKB Roto Military Standard ATA Double Bow/Rifle/Carbine Case.

It is not the one that has the opening on the hinge side of the case. I had that model originally and returned it as the arrow protector was junk. I had a few other issues with that model as well.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
It is the SKB Roto Military Standard ATA Double Bow/Rifle/Carbine Case.

It is not the one that has the opening on the hinge side of the case. I had that model originally and returned it as the arrow protector was junk. I had a few other issues with that model as well.
You had issues with the SKB 4114A? That's a great case, I fly all over the country with it. I have used the velcro arrow holder but they are a pain. I plan on buying an Easton arrow tube to place my arrows in for my next flight. I use Blazers so its not quite as critical as it might be with feathers.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have the same case and I took out the arrow holders and used the Easton Tube. I then took a piece of foam with holes in and stuck it in the bottom. Cut one for the top as well. Now I have no fletching contact at all.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You had issues with the SKB 4114A? That's a great case, I fly all over the country with it. I have used the velcro arrow holder but they are a pain. I plan on buying an Easton arrow tube to place my arrows in for my next flight. I use Blazers so its not quite as critical as it might be with feathers.

The SKB 4114A is the one I returned. I felt is did not have enough of the egg shell padding to keep things secure. I also had some issure with the hinges. I decided to dig real deep and get the Roto Military Standard double bow case. It was pricey but a really rugged case. I was looking for just what you suggested. The arrow tote tube is the ticket and will make my new case the bomb!! Thanks and Merry Christmas...

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
No problem. You can't go wrong with that case you've got now. I like the 4114A because I pack my bow and most of my hunting clothing in it, removing the additional eggshell spacer that comes with it. This eliminates the need for an extra bag and the clothing is plenty of additional padding for the bow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts