Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day.

Last week I picked up my RS 470 - first cross bow ever, and at 61, likely my last one. My question to the board is this: what is the best way to make this bow quieter? I was thinking about adding some limbsavers, etc, but before I go messing around with a pretty awesome bow, I thought I would check with this esteemed group for ideas and suggestions.

Thank you,

John
<><

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Good day.

Last week I picked up my RS 470 - first cross bow ever, and at 61, likely my last one. My question to the board is this: what is the best way to make this bow quieter? I was thinking about adding some limbsavers, etc, but before I go messing around with a pretty awesome bow, I thought I would check with this esteemed group for ideas and suggestions.

Thank you,

John
<><
The commercial silencers / suppressors make little impact in lowering the noise level. Maybe 2-4 DB but that's really not significant. No point in trying John. They do have some impact on vibration. OK, so here's the good news...... Your Vapor is fast enough you really don't need to be concerned about the noise. I'm on RDX bow number 4 from TenPoint and have experimented with limb suppressors over the years. Bowjax or Limbsavers have little effect. I've been shooting the Nitro XRT the past two seasons and just got a Havoc. Both shoot heavy arrows over 400 fps and I'm not at all worried about string jump. Go hunt with it!

·
Bringer of truth
14,913 Posts
I think there is a bennifit in the event of a dri fire, for the few f.p.s loss I like to have something on the limbs to absorb the hit. I think it save the bow from the day to day ware too. But then there is the added weight to consider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts