Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out and did some scouting in my new camo suit and found out it collects burrs very bad and are really hard to get off. Anyone got any special ways to remove them? I already tryed washing them, and it didnt work. Thanks James

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
Go to the local dive hotel and rent a room. Proceed to roll all over their cheap cotton wannabee blanket. That should clean that camo real good.

Seriously try a old blanket at home. It has worked for me in the past. DCM

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I use a soft wire brush to get them off my camo. Bad ain't they, LOL. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
removing burrs

I tryed peeling these things off and they just stuck in deeper. Its the new water proof saude that wall mart carries. I hop i didnt get ripped off and everytime i go out i have to spend two hours pulling burrs. My cotton suit didnt hold burrs?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have a fleece camo goretex big/jacket combo that picks up every frickin' burr/sticker/seed/etc... I come in contact with. I've found that a big sharp bladed hunting knife run at a steep angle across the material will pull them out pretty easily. It takes time, but does the trick on the smallest of burs/seeds. Be carful not to cut throught the material with the point of the knife.

Siefrj

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm not sure how well it would work on camo, but I spray my irish setter's lower fur with Pam No-Stick before bird hunting and the burrs come right out. I'm not sure how this would effect scent control, but I wouldn't recommend the butter flavored version unless you want tree rats licking you all day :)

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
The manufacturers that make these clothes obviously don't live where burrs grow.

Man in the midwest, you bump into the wrong bush and come out looking like a porcupine.

·
Grand Master
440 Posts
Jamesp59: We have lots of burrs and other stickers that love to stick to our fleece camo. Several years ago my #2 son Joshua, while Elk hunting took a break and laid down on one sticker type bush. He was covered from top to bottom. When we got home he thought he could just toss them in the dirty clothes and his mom would never know. HAHAHA She made him go outside and pick all the burrs/stickers out of his clothes. Well it didn't take him very long to figure out an easier way to do it. Take a dull butter knife and just shave them off. I prefer the one with the serrated upper edge. It is amazing how well it works. Leave it to the kids to come up with something easier.:Dee

·
strayarrow
2,484 Posts
burrs

I hear ya. They're a real pain. The knife trick works pretty good and is what I've resorted to. There is an elecrtic shaver for clothes which takes matts out of sweaters that I haven't tried yet. Might be worth it. Either way, it's going to be time consuming. The bic disposable rasers will also work, or any similar type. [don't push too hard!]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
burrs

Thanks for all the replys. I have the shaver what you was talking about, the one for sweaters and it wont work. the holes on the shaver are too small to take them off. Thanks James

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I used the "ferminator". It is actually a dog comb that works awesome on dogs and cats, but also worked on the burrs as well.

·
Registered
386 Posts
pay a kid 10 bucks to pick them off...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts