Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all archery clubs, make it mandatory that all shooters must wear a black BLM hoodie and a mask but don't tell the local councilmen and the Law that BLM stands for Bow Life Matters. Anyone else ready to start shooting 3d again? :whoo:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Our 1 club has 2 shoots so far. No one in the club house, sign up table out front, no food but drinks in a ice basket. Once you start the course, you can take your mask off. Put it back on when you come off the course.

·
Looking for a monster!
8,466 Posts
We’re hitting the first one of the year here tomorrow. If people can be shoulder to shoulder rioting and breaking into places to steal, I can certainly walk through the woods with my bow and shoot at foam, withOUT a f’n mask!!

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We’re hitting the first one of the year here tomorrow. If people can be shoulder to shoulder rioting and breaking into places to steal, I can certainly walk through the woods with my bow and shoot at foam, withOUT a f’n mask!!
I can hear it now brushdog, A massive spike in covid-19 due to archers defying orders to self isolate and wear required PPE..

·
Back Yard Champion
29,762 Posts
I got a real problem with this virus bug thing. Just why in the hell are they testing healthy people? IF you have it just how the hell can you walk, talk, do anything? All those homeless people they've interviewed never even knew about the virus and they don't seem sick at all.....

2 clubs I'm member of are on city Park property. No one has been notified that we will have 3D, but you can practice at the club so long as small groups or families.

Illinois, Fulton County, where I live, last I heard 495 tested, 11 tested positive, but 3 were already known and have recovered. All 8 are house bound, not in the hospital. Don't about the 3 that recovered.........

I live out in the country, about 1.1 miles off the nearest highway to my mail box and another 200 yards to my house. Suppose to be bad for older folks. Well, I guess I'm old at 71 years of age.

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
Iowa is starting. I know of 2 this weekend in separate parts of the state. 1 did a ASA 3-D & had T times set up. They had a decent turn out & hosting another soon. I have several listed on my FB page Iowa archery/bowhunter tournaments.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would agree with having a mask when people are near, but not when you're on the field. My company is open with several hundred people in the building are we are not required to wear masks. We just get temperature checks.

Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
My club has had two shoots so far and I've been to a couple of other shoots. ASA is shooing at KY this year also. Most people at shoots, let's just say, don't always practice "proper" guidelines to say the least, and I haven't heard of any new cases from them? I really think some leaders are a little disappointed in the "pandemic".

·
Registered
566 Posts
We have been shooting for about 3 weeks up here in Michigan. First few weeks they did not break up buddy groups, but this weekend it was almost business as normal. Clubhouse was not open though. We just need to get over the restroom nonsense now. Some people drive good distances to shoot, and the ladies have no where to go to the bathroom.

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
agree Bourbon-I really think some leaders are a little disappointed in the "pandemic". Yes, the bathrooms need to be open. I mean, lets make it "a persons" choice to enter or not like everything else. Sports events, Graduations suffer but rioters have no restrictions.. Give me a break.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Lemon Grove Rod & Gun club in Alpine Ca. has resumed there events and is having a 3D shoot this Saturday, June the 13th.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have an ASA qualifier this Saturday in Covington, Louisiana. Hopefully my back will let me shoot. I had one last Saturday, but I had to work.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
3D is open in Arizona and our hospitals are 85% full with a new peak of Covid-19 positives and deaths every day. We are one of the fastest Covid-19 state right now. It is not just the 3Ds that is causing the peaks. It is the fact that almost nobody wears a mask or social distant in Arizona. Covid-19 is a joke and a hoax to everyone here.

The disease is a joke here until someone close dies like my father-in-law did Tuesday from an assisted care facility of Covid-19. We were not allowed to see him in the hospital while dying. My father-in-law gets cremated today and I wish one of you non mask wearer would have taken his place. Because it was people with your attitude that killed him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
we have been shooting for about month here. we usually have shotgun starts but have gone to using t times and spacing people out on the range. It has worked very well and most shooters have liked the idea.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
3D never really "stopped" in PA. It slowed a bit as some clubs decided to reduce their liability by cancelling or post-poning bigger events. Most of these clubs still hosted events.... they just didn't host sanctioned IBO/ASA/Local 3D League events.

I've been to 3D events every weekend except the very first of the PA lockdown.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts