Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to this site and was wondering what some tips were to selling your bow the right way. I'm fairly familiar with Paypal but I noticed in a few threads that people ask for 3% on top of the sale price to cover Paypal costs. Thoughts on that? I'm selling my 2015 Elite Energy 32 Right handed with an option to buy the extras with it. I'd appreciate any insight!

Thanks,

Jeremy

·
Registered
25,102 Posts
Bare bow is easier. Don't think u have something made of gold when posting a price be reasonable. Look in classifieds and find what the going rate is for them. Good luck

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to this site and was wondering what some tips were to selling your bow the right way. I'm fairly familiar with Paypal but I noticed in a few threads that people ask for 3% on top of the sale price to cover Paypal costs. Thoughts on that? I'm selling my 2015 Elite Energy 32 Right handed with an option to buy the extras with it. I'd appreciate any insight!

Thanks,

Jeremy
Just add the 3% to your asking price. AT frowns on advertising as sending payment via friends and family. I think some people may put the "add 3% for fees", as a way of saying "hey add the fees unless you want to sends as friends and family" since it is against the AT rules to directly ask.

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
If the seller pays or shipping, the buyer should not mind paying the 3%. It's probably best to add the 3% to the price of the Bow to make the whiners happy.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I agree the add 3% is usually a turnoff for most buyers. since it's free to list a bow for sale most buyers expect the seller to pay the fee. It depends on your asking price also. I don't mind if someone asks for the extra fees as long as it's listed that way in the ad. You probably don't want to list it for a certain price and when someone says they'll take it ask for the extra 3%. I've bought and sold several bows on here and I've always had good luck and dealt with some great people. As long as your up front about what's included with the sale price you shouldn't have any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Just sell your bow for a reasonable price and don't ask for the 3% as it is a turn off. Realize it is the price of doing business online. You can attempt to include the 3% in your asking price but be aware that it is just about a guarantee you aren't getting what you start as an asking price so the 3 % will disappear anyway. Many on here act like PayPal does absolutely nothing for the seller which makes me laugh. It makes it easier to sell your gear!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
As a general rule I usually price my stuff with paypal fees and shipping included in the price. This way there is no confussion on how much I'm asking for the item. Bows I typically figure $25 of my price is going towards shipping, then I just estimate roughly what the paypal fees are. So if I know I would like to get say $300 for a bow I'm selling, I would price it at $350tyd. That gives me some wiggle room on price to come down if need be and still be able to get the $300 I want for the bow.

·
Hunter of many things
11,971 Posts
Just sell your bow for a reasonable price and don't ask for the 3% as it is a turn off. Realize it is the price of doing business online. You can attempt to include the 3% in your asking price but be aware that it is just about a guarantee you aren't getting what you start as an asking price so the 3 % will disappear anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Agree. ^^^ Also, If you ever buying anything DO NOT pay via Friends & Family. You will loose any rights you have to fight the transaction if things go bad.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I find the "add 3% for PayPal" to be a turnoff.
In huge agreement with this statement. People who do this must not know how to multiply the amount of money they want for their bow by 1.03!

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Actually, it is a violation of the PayPal agreement and rules to ask one price for a product and a +3% surcharge for using PayPal's service. In the rules, it is the responsibility of the seller to pay those fees, and according to PP advertising two different prices violates this intent. Just add the fees into your asking price, and if the buyer buys bia another payment method consider it a bonus.

·
DeaD Middle
4,446 Posts
The 3% deal wasn't on here when I first got on AT. Not sure who came up with it.
I never ask for it.
It is a turn off if I'm buying.
I would never pay or have asked to be paid as a gift through Paypal. Fees are there for every ones protection.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts