Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finaly sold that martin bow.

I have never sold a bow, nor shipped on. I don't have a BOW BOX to use. Any ideas on how I should package the bow and what kind of box I should use? WIll USPS take a bow or will it have to go UPS?

Tim

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Tim,

First of all go to your pro shop and see if they have any old bow boxes laying around that will fit your bow. Then make sure it is wrapped well in some kind of packing material - bubble wrap works real well.

I know Fed Ex will take it - I am not sure abnout UPS.

Scoobs

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
bow shipping

I have shipped through the USPS with bows in the past. Funny thing, they were in a bow box and I went to UPS first & they refused to take it becasue there wasn't 2" or 3" of packing all the way around the box....I was ticked and went to the post office. They shipped it no problem. Insure it and get a delivery confirmation and you are set up. Also make sure you put extra padding at both ends of the bow box to protect the cams.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I have made bow boxes out of larger boxes, which are better than standard issue. You can make one wider to allow for better padding of the cams?limbs as Xring said.

Sean

·
Registered
713 Posts
UPS Will take them

Hy Jon Sure that wasn't MBE that wanted the packing. :eek: ;)

I just shipped a Bow to Paris, TX a couple of weeks ago with no hesitations with a insured value of a Grand for only $12. Go to any local printing companies I am sure thay got a paper box or two laying around that they can give you. They worked great for me. Filled the box part way with packing peanuts and wrapped the bow in bubble wrap. Then filled the box the rest of the way with packing peanuts.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Re: UPS Will take them

Plainsman said:
Hy Jon Sure that wasn't MBE that wanted the packing. :eek: ;)
Actually....now that you mention it, yes it was. I was not very happy when they offered to repack it for me and send it for $30 :eek:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok here is the issue.

Lamar Co is a ******* town. The "UPS OFFICE" is only open from 4:30pm to 6:30pm M-F. There is NO type of Mail Boxes Ect. There is NO pro shop. We do have a McDonalds and a Burgerking though LOL.

There is a local printing company I will go to and ask about boxes. I am not sure where in LAMAR I can get foam penuts.
I went to Wal-Mart. They sold the small bubble wraping, but you don't get very much for $1.97. I was hoping to to find some of that LARGE bubble wraping with the big bubbles.

I may just have to drive 2 hours to Pueblo and go to a Mail Boxes or some sort of shipping store.

Any other Ideas?

HOW do you MAKE a box? LOL

Tim

·
Registered
34,167 Posts
Get a box from a friend, the range or a shop. Pack it up and take it to the post office. It is alot cheaper than UPS or FED EX. It usually cost me about $15 to send a bow by Priority mail (2-3 days).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts