Archery Talk Forum banner

how to ship bows

1245 12
hello i just recently sold my bow and trying to figure out the best way to ship, i tried fed ex but they wanted to charge 70 for shipping. all help would be greatly appreciated
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,605 Posts
hello i just recently sold my bow and trying to figure out the best way to ship, i tried fed ex but they wanted to charge 70 for shipping. all help would be greatly appreciated
$70 is crazy. I ship FedEx for roughly $30. How do you have it packaged?

· Miller Time
3,801 Posts
I ship all mine USPS priority insured... Usually in the $40 range depending on distance and additional insurance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14,245 Posts
Package the bow yourself, about any bow shop will give you a bow box for free especially if your spending a little money with them. Aviod places like the UPS store. I ship most of my bows through the USPS and never had any issues.

· Premium Member
10,938 Posts
i havent packaged it yet, they were going to charge me an extra 30 to package it
That's where the cost goes up. Do as baz77 says. Get a bow box from a local shop (for free). Wrap the bow in bubble wrap. I ship bows all over the place and a 40x15x3 (with insurance box) at about 6# costs me around $25 FedEx Ground from Pa. to Washington state. I sent one last year to Hawaii for $56.

· Registered
6 Posts
I just shipped my attitude back to Bear for some warranty work, shipped through UPS, with insurance for $500, and packed in the box, since I didn't have a box to fit it in, cost $95. Sounds like they should've gotten a little jar of vasaline along with my receipt lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.