Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leather side-quiver for target-shooting which I treated with leather-oil (used for saddles & stuff) to protect it from the rain. Worked out very fine.

But now, shooting a small hunting recurve for 3D-archery, I bought a back quiver:
The Neet T-BQ-2.
How do I treat this soft leather? With the same leather-oil?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If yours is the suede model, I definately would not put oil on it. Try some of that leather boot protectant spray, like the stuff Rocky sells. It'll offer some measure of protection without oil staining your quiver.

·
Registered
987 Posts
should work out fine, i use neetsfoot oil or other type conditioners. Recently i have been making a lot out of a nice waxy latigo taht comes already water proofed.......pretty nice stuff.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well indeed, it is the suede-model .. and I had the idea that this oil would not be the thing for it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
ahhh i didn't know it was suede either, i usually use camp dry or something liek that for suede...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, now I treated it with a spray-product, especially for suede-shoes & stuff.
Problem solved, I guess

·
Registered
11 Posts
pedards leather dressing is ideal, you'll find alot of people swear by it, great for soft leather, i know people who are into cracking kangaroo hide whips, which is super soft, that is all they use. I use it on all my leather, right down to boxing gloves, the stuff is great.

and that neets foot oil, i hear some negativity about it, not quite sure what, ive just always been told to stay away from it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
it works alright for certain purposes... flexing leather, and things like that, works wonders for baseball gloves

1 - 8 of 8 Posts