Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you like to find this deer? Nice 15 pt buck. Too bad he stays in a reserved are but he sure is a pretty sight. The girl petting him is my daughter.

This photo was taken on Memorial Day

Attachments

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,392 Posts
You mean some guys can't get that close to deer in the wild? I have some scents and super suits that will get you that close:wink: PM and send money order only and I'll get you set up!!

Nice picture:)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Was Jimmy Houston perched in that tree in the pic? Sorry

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
thats a bad place for that little girl to be,that deer can change in a poof most people get hurt by "tame"deer................:mg:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is the a chance that picture was take at Wilderness Walk? The bear pen looks familiar to me. I know they have some awsome bucks there too.My kids love that place.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Where was Jimmy Huston?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nailer said:
Is the a chance that picture was take at Wilderness Walk? The bear pen looks familiar to me. I know they have some awsome bucks there too.My kids love that place.
Yes it is. Great place to take someone to see animals up close.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
preyquester said:
thats a bad place for that little girl to be,that deer can change in a poof most people get hurt by "tame"deer................:mg:
I agree that a person needs to always be careful being close to a animal, domesticated or not. Thank you for the concern.

Basically, all these animals are nothing but a bunch of beggers and will follow you around the place it you feed them. If a animal does not want to be bothered, they have have acres of land that they can go to that are off limits for visitors.

Here is a different photo of a unique animal that they also have.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Kind of upsetting looking at that.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I wanna know where I can get one of those vending machines in post 13. That deer is loving it! You guys will all be jealous when I get one of those bad boys posted up in the woods to hunt over!:wink: :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Unrelated story .... but it involves penned deer. A friend of mines father is a state licensed animal rehabilitator ... he basically takes in all sorts of wounded animals and nurses them back to health then lets them go. They have always had several whitetail deer ..... the deer are very friendly and almost tame up until the velvet is shed. After that they have violent mood swings.

My friends dad entered the "pen" where the deer are kept to get a roll of fencing. "Buckwheat", the 6x6 they have had since birth attacked him over and over again until someone noticed what was going on. Rob is a bbiiiiigggg man at 6'5" and about 275 and that buck tossed him around like a rag-doll. When it was over and done he had a few dozen puncture wounds. Nothing life threatening or serious .... but if someone hadnt come to help the deer more than likely would have killed him.

Now there is strict policy ... when the antlers are hard nobody enters the enclosure.

Just to clarify ... he is an animal rehabilitator but he aslo is licensed to house animals as well. He has Bison, deer, a cougar ... all kind of cool stuff.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
WATERFOWLER said:
Kind of upsetting looking at that.

Howcome? Nobody is hunting them, they're just pets in that situation. I wish I had a couple of deer for pets. That'd be cool.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts