Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Hoyt Magnatec. Got a new set of string and cables for it and wanted to show her off.

2000 Hoyt Magnatec
Sure Loc Special Ops sight
Nap drop away rest
Smooth Stability stabilizer
Custom Orange string and cables

Ready to go huntin'

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I had that exact same bow and now a buddy of mine still shoots it. That was my favorite bow all the way up until the 82nd airborne. Lots of bows in between so that says alot for the ol' girl!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sir, you obviously take very good care of your gear. Looks great! Makes me kick myself for letting a couple of my old bows get away.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sir, you obviously take very good care of your gear. Looks great! Makes me kick myself for letting a couple of my old bows get away.
Thanks. I do try. If it gets wet I try to dry it off as soon as possible.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Bow looks great but is the Bear a target or a decoration, not too many holes in him?

·
Back Yard Champion
29,680 Posts
What cam is that?
That appears to be a Red Line cam, one of the fastest single cams Hoyt ever produced. Way back then the Viper nailed 328 fps with this cam. The UltraTec clocked 314 fps.

I still have a 2000 MagnaTec and UltraTec, both with XT 2000 limbs and Red Line cams. The 2000 UltraTec was the fastest UltraTec produced until the advent of the UltraElite with Spiral cams. My Mag gets 270 fps set to 67 pounds with 29" draw and 380 gr arrow. My UltraTec zips at 295 fps set to 62 pounds with 29" draw and 314 gr arrows.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bow looks great but is the Bear a target or a decoration, not too many holes in him?
You ought to see the other side. LOL

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
That appears to be a Red Line cam, one of the fastest single cams Hoyt ever produced. Way back then the Viper nailed 328 fps with this cam. The UltraTec clocked 314 fps.

I still have a 2000 MagnaTec and UltraTec, both with XT 2000 limbs and Red Line cams. The 2000 UltraTec was the fastest UltraTec produced until the advent of the UltraElite with Spiral cams. My Mag gets 270 fps set to 67 pounds with 29" draw and 380 gr arrow. My UltraTec zips at 295 fps set to 62 pounds with 29" draw and 314 gr arrows.
It could be. I was thinking a VersaCam. :dontknow: I had a couple of bows, a Hoyt and a Reflex, with the VersaCam. Shot well with them. Even got my first robin hood from 40 yards with a VersaCam Reflex. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is the versa cam.

·
Registered
728 Posts
'03 MagnaTec

Sweet looking "Old Bow" you got there ! I have the '03 Magnatec w/ the XT2000 limbs, Cam & 1/2 . Sweet bows ! Mine is in the shop now getting a "tune-up" New string, cam & axel clean & polish & lube. should be ready this Fri. !

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet looking "Old Bow" you got there ! I have the '03 Magnatec w/ the XT2000 limbs, Cam & 1/2 . Sweet bows ! Mine is in the shop now getting a "tune-up" New string, cam & axel clean & polish & lube. should be ready this Fri. !
Gotta love the suspense.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts