Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well until I can get better pics of me outside in daylight, I was wondering what yall think. I was aiming slighty down, but tried to get as high as possible. I am asking bout archery form, as I know my body form is already perfect!!:wink::darkbeer:

I think I concentrate on my form almost 90% of the time..

IMHO I need to get my release are down, but with these wide shoulders I just cant I have tried...

·
(aka lug nut)
48,474 Posts
Well until I can get better pics of me outside in daylight, I was wondering what yall think. I was aiming slighty down, but tried to get as high as possible. I am asking bout archery form, as I know my body form is already perfect!!:wink::darkbeer:

I think I concentrate on my form almost 90% of the time..

IMHO I need to get my release are down, but with these wide shoulders I just cant I have tried...
Need a HEAD to TOE photo,
and would like to see the entire bow.

So,
step farther away from the camera,
and try again with some new photos.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Need a HEAD to TOE photo,
and would like to see the entire bow.

So,
step farther away from the camera,
and try again with some new photos.
completely agree. form is everything from top to bottom. in fact, the way you stand is crutial since the rest of the body is on your feet.

your right shoulder does seem a bit high, but if you're able to get the sweet back tension then it's all good. just watch out since your shoulder is high enough to engage your neck muscles (i've struggled with that a lot)

When you get a chance, take a picture of full top to bottom, behind you looking down the arrow shaft (head to toe too) and from the back.

·
Registered
50,431 Posts
IMHO it does not look that bad. Two things that come to mind-----picture isn't clear enough but it appears your reaching for the trigger with the tip of your finger and the sling looks to be a bit tight.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Ease up on the grip a little. It can help a bunch esp with a short bow. Your draw arm is a little high but mine is like that too.

But from what I can tell, it looks good over all.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMHO it does not look that bad. Two things that come to mind-----picture isn't clear enough but it appears your reaching for the trigger with the tip of your finger and the sling looks to be a bit tight.
Yeah, I normally put my trigger in the crease of my first knuckle. I also will see about loosening up the sling.

Ease up on the grip a little. It can help a bunch esp with a short bow. Your draw arm is a little high but mine is like that too.

But from what I can tell, it looks good over all.:thumbs_up
I am really not gripping the bow at all... my finger barely rest on the riser. seems that in all "hows my form" photo's it looks like there just gripping the heck out of the bow...but I can say I really am not.

i see that an experiment is in order.if you can lengthen 1/2 to try to keep left shoulder down and back.imho.
Well, I actually am set at 26 inch draw, I went from a 27(which is what my actual wingspan measured out to be) to a 26.5, then to a 26 inch. I will say a 26 inch feels best. When I had a 27 and 26.5 inch draw it felt as if I was over extending my arms... and I could tell I was locking my elbo.

I will get some pics in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so here are a few more.

I am starting to wonder if I dont need to go back to a 26.5 inch draw... my release shoulder is god awful high. Whats your thoughts.

sorry guts in the way...haha

·
Registered
867 Posts
Your left foot should be behind your right your stance is backwards it will open you up some,and help get youe draw arm down be more relaxed.You are twisting at the waist with that stance.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so I just got done lengthening my draw. and wow! feels so much better! I am sitting at 26.5 inches now. I will post pics of my form once it cools off a little bit more and the sun goes down(shooting into the west sucks!!!) sun right in my eyes.

Hunter I also see what you mean about foot placement. I didnt even realize I was doing it. I changed that up and too, and made quite a better feel. My wife said my shoulder looks a lot better, but is still a touch high. Like I said I think some of it is me tensing up for whatever reason.

Again I will post up some more pics in a bit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so again...shoulder high..not sure what to do....

and in this pic I noticed The habit of putting my left foot forward happened again...

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
set up a place to shoot from everyday for a while, put a line on the ground to stand over that is a couple inches wide, put your right foot over the line so your toes are even with the far edge, then put your left foot so your toes just touch the close edge of the line so you have a referance and check your stance before each shot. feet shoulder width apart as well. you can even set an arrow on the ground at a slight angle and but your toes right up to it. but i would prefer a permanent line as it should be more consistent. if you have a video camera set it up and video your whole practice session, you will learn alot watching your self shoot.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, So far I have learned a lot from just the pictures....lol

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any other opinon's or advice?

·
(aka lug nut)
48,474 Posts
Ok, so again...shoulder high..not sure what to do....

and in this pic I noticed The habit of putting my left foot forward happened again...

Need to raise UP the BOW HAND,
so the TOP of Bow Hand is at the same height as TOP of Bow Shoulder...

classic T-FORMATION.

Once you are in the T-FORMATION,
then,
bend sideways,
just like you would in a treestand,
so aim downhill.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome! Thanks you!

So get that bow hand up, gotcha!

So all in all pretty good. better than I hoped, some minor tweaking and breaking some bad habits and Ill be on my way! thanks guys.

·
Registered
565 Posts
yea bring that bow hand up and pivot at your waist. never lower your arm to shoot lower, always tilt your upper body down or up depending on where your target is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts