Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pic #1 the draw may look long but im waiting on new cams

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
I think you might need to get your front shoulder down, and try not to lean back while your shooting, this may cause you to shorten your draw length to shoot with proper form.

Just my opinion

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Draw too long

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Scratch that. I sound like a compound archer. You need to stand up straight. Thats not a want, thats a need.;)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Don't force your bow hand open. Keep it relaxed. Post more pics when you get the new cams. Hard to give advice and when you have a shorter draw on the way to change things.

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
Get a sling!!!!!!!!!! You are going to drop your bow. Unless you are grabbing it upon release. But then you need a sling so that you don't tourque the bow by grabing it. So either way you need a sling. Your draw is to long but you already know that.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
WOW you guys are getting good. I have nothing to say but repeat some things. Get a sling. Relax bow hand. Shorten draw 1-2 inches at least. Then get us another pic. In the future make sure your bow arm is level in the pics :)

Oh yea, nice looking bow!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I think that I agree with everybody else:

* Relax your bow hand so your fingers are limp.

* Support your bow with a sling of some sort, so it can fall without worry each time you fire an arrow.

* Lower your bow shoulder, it is too high.

* Don't lean back, but stand straight.

* Consider touching the string to your nose.

* Consider a slight reduction in draw length.

You should try to post a picture taken from above, if possible, and from the side of your bow elbow.

But things look good! Keep it up!

kgk

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
I think everyone has pretty much picked it apart with the exception of the fuh....fuh......fuh.....Ford t-shirt. It is just no possible to shoot well with a fuh....fuh......fuh.....Ford t-shirt on. Maybe OBT can help you out with a Like-A-Rock t-shirt.
:D ;) :p :cool:

R

·
0 Posts
Nice Bow!

Tighten that release up in your wist, or shorten it. open both eyes or have a big wrinkle when you grow old;) I got one:D

The Hood

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
like shootermike has pointed out....friends dont let friends shoot in fffffff........eeeeee.....rrrrrr......ddddddd shirts:p

pic number 1 isnt bad at all...but pic number 2.....holy sheeteesss....major league problems;) ...start by removing that white blob in the back ground, and putting some real stablility in your life...."LIKE A ROCK"......

and that shirt your wearing....well......use it to mob up or clean your windshield;) :D

hehe.....just funnin ya....good form and shoot well....all looks good to me:D

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
ok, here are a few things to start with:

1. relax your bow hand
2. shorten draw, which will prevent you from leaning back. i had the same problem, i tried to stand straight up, but it hurts your waste, right? shorten the draw and it will help A LOT!!!
3. looks like you are leaning your head into the string, shorten the draw and it will help that too.
4. put a bend in your bow arm, too straight and tight.
5. lower sholder, but this is from leaning back, and leaning back is from the draw.....
so basicly, pretty much all your problems (ones that i didn't say too, if any) will probably be solved by a change in draw. just make sure you stand up straight - your hips aligned with your feet and sholders.
good luck!!!!!

oh, and really nice bow!!!!! i love the sunburst!!!

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
oh, and that ford crap has got to go!!!!!!!! LOL

Ford- Found On Road Dead!!!

Fixed Or Repaired Daily!!!

backwards= Driver Returned On Foot!!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nice shirt!
The guy driving the CHEVY that I had to jump start today with my F150 sure seemed happy that FORDs really are the most reliable trucks made.:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice bow...nice shirt...FIRST ON RACE DAY!!! Chevy's are like a rock.....they lay in the road and get run over by Fords! :D I'll stick up for ya Martin shooter. hehe

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Shorten the draw as they said and it should solve most of the problems.

and now for the Ford jokes

Why did they make sidewalks?
So Ford drivers have a safe place to walk home

Why did Ford require all its dealerships to give a dog to everyone who buys a new car?
So they'll have someone to walk home with

and last but not least

buy a Ford, buy the best, drive a mile, walk the rest

:D :D :D

Timba

R

·
0 Posts
There ain't no ford dealers sponsoring archerytalk.com..

So when you decide to write on heere, Thank OneBowTie and the Chevy's that keep this place up and running<------<<<Like a Rock, we stand tall and pull the load,,
SO! Martin Shooter, take note! Stand tall, straighten that back and aim like a Rock. if you want to hang with the Martin bunch (and Hood) get rid of the white blob in your picture and use that shirt in the field,,you know like the bears do..lol

Support our sponsors!!!
Call OBT for your next new Vehicle or used, he'll deliver it with a lesson and if your lucky, he'll have a lil'Wolf with him..

The Hood

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
in pic #1 thats my first deer a 4by 5 and in pic two its my uncles truck and you have to have a shirt too get all bloody in when processing deer :) :D :D ;) :p .
and thanks for the comments sorry i couldnt get here sooner but football gets in the way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts