Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looks like this years 2021 Hoyt “Rumors” thread has yet to be started. Let’s keep the tradition going? Heck it all might be loose rumors but it’s exciting still to talk about what we could see or would love to see.

Any leaks, chatter or expectations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know it’s a lot to ask for but would love to see the following:

-1/4” Axles
-7075 Alloy Aluminum Risers
-A target style riser grip system to replace the outdated plastic grips. Some neutral riser grip like everyone else has done.
-Beefed up Carbon Riser QC
-A new green riser color option

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Maybe this will be the year when they finally give up the ghost on the outdated hybrid cam system.

Reactions: hoytshooter03

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I for one am a huge fan of the hybrid system. Easy to tune, smooth draw, and fast enough (SVX cam).

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah I don’t see anything wrong with the Hybrid system. I think it’s one of the better systems in the market.

In fact I don’t think there is a whole heck of a lot Hoyt can do to improve as far as raw new designs. I think what they should do however is lace up tighter what they already do. Just tighter QC, improved customer service/warranty.

Would still love to see them do an all new grip system. Something on par with just about every other company. Something target inspired, riser style neutral grip. Maybe 7075 Alloy Aluminum risers to compete with PSE and Elite as well as Primes 82X alloy. 1/4” axles as well.

As well as tightening up that quality control on the carbon risers.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I would like to see a more parallel limb on the Ultras with a 34-35 ATA bow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Like others I would like 34-35" ATA with more parallel limbs. More solid color options.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Imagine an Axius ultra style riser with Invicta grip and SVX cams with a 35" ATA at $1000 MSRP with 50, 55, 60, 70, and 80lb limb options and available in camo and target colors. 330-335 IBO. That would be epic. Should also have ZT cam options for those not wanting high holding weight. I would buy one.

Ultimate 3D catch all bow. Call it the Hoyt Axius 3D. It would sell and sell well IMO. Really be a strong showing at ASA Hoyt booth and I'm sure be a hit with these shooters.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imagine an Axius ultra style riser with Invicta grip and SVX cams with a 35" ATA at $1000 MSRP with 50, 55, 60, 70, and 80lb limb options and available in camo and target colors. 330-335 IBO. That would be epic. Should also have ZT cam options for those not wanting high holding weight. I would buy one.

Ultimate 3D catch all bow. Call it the Hoyt Axius 3D. It would sell and sell well IMO. Really be a strong showing at ASA Hoyt booth and I'm sure be a hit with these shooters.

Man you hit the nail on the head! That’s along the lines of what I’m hoping for.

An Axius Ultra style riser, but longer. 7075 alloy Riser. Shorter limbs, a ZTR cam. 34-35 axle to axle. Target style grip system, 1/4” axles and more solid color options. OH YEAH!!!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Has anyone heard if the carbon riser design will change? I know they usually run the same design for several years and just make small tweaks to the cams and what not. I do hope it changes and gets lighter while keeping a decent balance and keeping vibration to a minimum. Hope they keep the storm color and bring back buckskin as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has anyone heard if the carbon riser design will change? I know they usually run the same design for several years and just make small tweaks to the cams and what not. I do hope it changes and gets lighter while keeping a decent balance and keeping vibration to a minimum. Hope they keep the storm color and bring back buckskin as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I would bet in light of Covid and all. The riser will stay the same. I would honestly bet if I was Hoyt I’d not get too crazy with a new carbon riser at least for this year. Maybe do something aggressive with the aluminum riser and sprinkle in a lot of little improvements. Maybe larger axles, upgrade the plastic bottom hole splitter to an aluminum alloy, maybe tweak the cable guard for more clearance, tad wider shelf, maybe a target style grip system. I would bet it’s more like that kind of stuff this year than just all new bows all together. Could be a great year for them to round up all the “little things” get them laced up tighter then gives them a fresh canvas next year to work off of.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How about a lighter carbon bow? For real...
I honestly think hovering around 4 pounds is pretty healthy. Lighter than its aluminum counterpart but nothing crazy like the PSE. I’m sure the new PSE Mach 1’s are nice but I just recall my Carbon Stealth I had at 3.5 pounds was insane in the wind. Was like a wind sail at that weight, by the time I got the same balance as my Evolve I was dang near the same final weight.

I definitely felt like the RX4 Ultra I had balanced initially better than my buddies MACH 1. I’m just afraid you can get a bow too light and it then becomes uncontrollable, specially in high winds.

1 - 20 of 685 Posts