Archery Talk Forum banner

521 - 540 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
It a

It actually is lol. Bare bow vs bare bow, v3 still is more dead in hand, “not by a ton”. Bare bow being, exactly the way the factory ships them, biscuit rest, d loop.
A dampener and stabilizer are 2 different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Watch the hush’s videos on YouTube setting up the ventum. No easy Top hats it’s literally shims part of the reason I came to Hoyt is cause I was tired of shims on my elites. Might have to check out the Bowtechs lol I ain’t interested in shims. Sorry Hoyt

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Watch the hush’s videos on YouTube setting up the ventum. No easy Top hats it’s literally shims part of the reason I came to Hoyt is cause I was tired of shims on my elites. Might have to check out the Bowtechs lol I ain’t interested in shims. Sorry Hoyt

I agree. Tophat system is a little easier for me. Never was a fan of shims. I do like the looks of this Hoyt bow but don’t care much for the shim system. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
It’s good
477 Posts
A dampener and stabilizer are 2 different things.

What’s your point? You think the little doinker is there for horizontal stability? No. it’s there to kill vibe, lower gravity and noise. A 2.5” doinker does nothing for horizontal plane movements.

·
Registered
742 Posts
What’s your point? You think the little doinker is there for stability? No. it’s there to kill vibe, lower gravity and noise. A 2.5” doinker does nothing for horizontal plane movements.
It’s the equivalent of running a 6” stab. You apparently didn’t watch the video.

·
Registered
It’s good
477 Posts
Haha! I shot the bow with and without the doinker. It did help kill some noice and vibration. I did nothing for horizontal movements. I don’t care what the marketing said. Have you shot it?

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Wonder how it would feel with a 6" Stab in the bottom hole? Like a 12" stab mounted conventionally?

·
Registered
It’s good
477 Posts
We di
Wonder how it would feel with a 6" Stab in the bottom hole? Like a 12" stab mounted conventionally?
we didn’t try anything like that. May work okay? The nubby absolutely did nothing for horizontal torque tho. It does however help kill noise and vibration, but it should it’s a heavy bow.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Shims for me are no big deal as I've tuned a bazillion bows, but, it is a big deal for ole Joe the average hunter. That means proshop, which means driving time and money (and possibly down time if shops busy). It is a tried and true method BUT dated. Even yokes are a pain to ole Joe. Bowtech and Elite have really made tuning convenient to ole Joe and there is no down time or money out of pocket to pay the tech.

Perhaps Hoyt figures most buying these high end rigs (like me and my Invicta) have presses, tools, and know how. I think these bows will be shooters and im sure they will sell a decent amount. I think Hoyt and Mathews are bleeding out though. Just a trickle perhaps, but drops make quarts and quarts make gallons. They had better step up because the little dogs are for sure. They had best hope that Xpedition isn't really as awesome as they describe the new X series.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
Haha! I shot the bow with and without the doinker. It did help kill some noice and vibration. I did nothing for horizontal movements. I don’t care what the marketing said. Have you shot it?
You are missing the point. Let me explain deeper. You had a V3 in one hand and a Ventum in the other. The Hoyt has a 2.5” stabilizer on it the Mathews does not. So not apples to apples. Take the stab off the Hoyt then it’s apples to apples. Then I’m guessing they will feel quite equal. Has nothing to do with shooting it. You where referring to BARE bow weight.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My guess is the pic rail and the included stabilizer. I didn't see it mentionedthat the stab was included with the aluminumbows, whereas it is on the carbon. Just a guess....

i feel like it has to include the stabilizer thing, since all new bows come with it.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
You are missing the point. Let me explain deeper. You had a V3 in one hand and a Ventum in the other. The Hoyt has a 2.5” stabilizer on it the Mathews does not. So not apples to apples. Take the stab off the Hoyt then it’s apples to apples. Then I’m guessing they will feel quite equal. Has nothing to do with shooting it. You where referring to BARE bow weight.

The Hoyt likely won’t feel anywhere near the same. Since the 2.25” stabilizer is hoyt’s answer to the nano 740 dampener on the Mathews. They may not call it a dampener, but it sure as heck ain’t there for “stabilization”

·
Need to get to town,fasst
6,014 Posts
Why would the RX-5 Ultra be 7"Bh and have 334 IBO while the Ventum 33 has 6 3/8BH with 334 IBO? They are both supposed to have the same cam. Confused.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Why would the RX-5 Ultra be 7"Bh and have 334 IBO while the Ventum 33 has 6 3/8BH with 334 IBO? They are both supposed to have the same cam. Confused.
Not sure where that info came from. Their website says the Rx5 has 6 1/4" BH and 342 IBO. The ventum 33 has 6 3/8" BH at 334 IBO. I took this right from their website.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Another dud, underwhelming and overpriced carbon bow. Nothing fancy on the Aluminum. Figured they could have upped the speed some at least. Just as heavy as anything else except maybe the new Expedition coming out. Not as quiet or dead in hand either. Hard pass.

521 - 540 of 656 Posts