Archery Talk Forum banner

541 - 560 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm curious on the solid color riser finishes. From the looks of it in the videos, the finish is much smoother this year and has less of an abrasive/sandpaper look to it. Those of you that have seen one can you confirm? How good do they look in person?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
563 Posts
Y’all the mod performance stuff is legit. We just tested the 70lb ventum at 29” which is the front of the longest mod against 28.5” which is the back of the short mod.
70lb ventum 33
460 grain gold tip air strike
29” 282fps
28.5 289fps

Yes you read that right, the shorter length was 7fps faster

I will say that it makes the bow basically feel like a turbo cam, the weight stacks quick, and if you even think about letting up on the back wall she’s coming forward. I think a 60 lb bow on 28” is gonna be faster than my axius ultra at 65 lbs. little doinker aside, that impressed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Watch the hush’s videos on YouTube setting up the ventum. No easy Top hats it’s literally shims part of the reason I came to Hoyt is cause I was tired of shims on my elites. Might have to check out the Bowtechs lol I ain’t interested in shims. Sorry Hoyt

Elite has set technology now.

Reactions: Robspartacus

·
Registered
742 Posts
Y’all the mod performance stuff is legit. We just tested the 70lb ventum at 29” which is the front of the longest mod against 28.5” which is the back of the short mod.
70lb ventum 33
29” 282fps
28.5 289fps

I will say that it makes the bow basically feel like a turbo cam, the weight stacks quick, and if you even think about letting up on the back wall she’s coming forward. I think a 60 lb bow on 28” is gonna be faster than my axius ultra at 65 lbs. little doinker aside, that impressed me.

Website says the short mod goes to 29” on the 33. Please tell me that’s true. That’s the route I was gonna go. Lol

·
Registered
742 Posts
One of the reviews on YouTube showed a 20 FPS difference in the 27 slot on the the 30”

·
Registered
742 Posts
Assuming you need to buy a picatinny specific sight in order to use the feature?
Yes, Axcel, HHA, and Spot Hogg are supposed to be coming out with options.

Reactions: GrainofPain

·
Registered
It’s good
477 Posts
You are missing the point. Let me explain deeper. You had a V3 in one hand and a Ventum in the other. The Hoyt has a 2.5” stabilizer on it the Mathews does not. So not apples to apples. Take the stab off the Hoyt then it’s apples to apples. Then I’m guessing they will feel quite equal. Has nothing to do with shooting it. You where referring to BARE bow weight.

🥴 go shoot one, then talk. Then weigh both, Hoyt weighed more, even without the doinker! The v3 is more dead that the ventum WITH the doinker. Doinker did absolutely nothing for horizontal bow torque. Just like a 6” stabilizer doesn’t do **** for torque. I get what you’re trying to say, you’re just wrong IMO.

·
Registered
742 Posts
go shoot one, then talk. Then weigh both, Hoyt weighed more, even without the doinker! The v3 is more dead that the ventum WITH the doinker. Doinker did absolutely nothing for horizontal bow torque. Just like a 6” stabilizer doesn’t do **** for torque. I get what you’re trying to say, you’re just wrong IMO.
I’m not trying to debate you, just pointing out the fact that your analogy of apples to apples wasn’t a fair statement. I’m picking my 33 up Friday so I will shoot it plenty. As to torque tuning just do want to point out that it takes double the weight on the stabs to torque tune a Mathews over a Hoyt. It’s documented. So the extra weight won’t be extra in the long run. Plenty of options out there and that’s great to have! I’ve owned about every brand out there and they all have their specific qualities which makes it a personal preference whatever your agenda is. I liked Mathews until the switch weights. That is a stiff draw now, loved my Triax but after that no thanks. Their next cam may wow me, who knows, who knows if they even change it. Had the same cam for about 5-6 years (beside changing the mod). Hoyt added ways to lighten the weight through the front sight mount and side bar. These are cool things. May not be perfect but at least something new. We will see where it evolves. Least their trying something new. Tough to increase the tech these days. It’s a bow and everyone expects something groundbreaking every year. Just not that way anymore.

·
Registered
It’s good
477 Posts
I’m not trying to debate you, just pointing out the fact that your analogy of apples to apples wasn’t a fair statement. I’m picking my 33 up Friday so I will shoot it plenty. As to torque tuning just do want to point out that it takes double the weight on the stabs to torque tune a Mathews over a Hoyt. It’s documented. So the extra weight won’t be extra in the long run. Plenty of options out there and that’s great to have! I’ve owned about every brand out there and they all have their specific qualities which makes it a personal preference whatever your agenda is. I liked Mathews until the switch weights. That is a stiff draw now, loved my Triax but after that no thanks. Their next cam may wow me, who knows, who knows if they even change it. Had the same cam for about 5-6 years (beside changing the mod). Hoyt added ways to lighten the weight through the front sight mount and side bar. These are cool things. May not be perfect but at least something new. We will see where it evolves. Least their trying something new. Tough to increase the tech these days. It’s a bow and everyone expects something groundbreaking every year. Just not that way anymore.

I do like the idea of the dovetail sight on the front of the bow, also like that they dropped the cam 1/2 system. It does shoot very good, just heavy and wasn’t impressed at all with the doinker set up. Hope you like yours tho 👍
Please elaborate on 2x weight to TT a Mathews vs a Hoyt. I haven’t heard of using weight to TT. I’ve only heard of moving rest and sight until you have the least variation.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
70lb ventum 33
29” 282fps
28.5 289fps

I thought the short mod went to 28 not 28.5?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
I thought the short mod went to 28 not 28.5?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
On the 30”

·
Registered
119 Posts
Website says the short mod goes to 29” on the 33. Please tell me that’s true. That’s the route I was gonna go. Lol

Same here.... definitely need to know if 29” is the longest for the short mod. That would be ideal!!! Especially with that jump In Speed. All these years I’ve been wanting an ultra with turbo cams (had the rx1 turbo and actually liked the draw/ valley).

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #556
Same here.... definitely need to know if 29” is the longest for the short mod. That would be ideal!!! Especially with that jump In Speed. All these years I’ve been wanting an ultra with turbo cams (had the rx1 turbo and actually liked the draw/ valley).
It is on the 33. 29” is the max on the #2 Mod.
26”-29” on the smaller mod and 29.5”-31” on the larger mod.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,750 Posts
Switching cam systems and following what PSE did, why would I buy a initial year offering when PSE been trying to tinker with this losing 4 track 2 cam system for a few years now ? Hoyt won't have this system right for a few years.

Stupid move to drop the hybrid system you were leading the pack in to follow PSE and Mathews. I don't know who has been calling the shots @ Hoyt the last 7 years, but they need to be FIRED !

Reactions: PaHick

·
Registered
66 Posts
just shot the Ventum 33, RX5 and RX5 Ultra and Axius Ultra. the Carbon bows are not light, noticed that immediately. The RX5 Ultra had very minimal vibration for a carbon bow! I was blown away, couldn't stop shooting it, the draw is sooooo smooth. the Ventum 33 on the other hand had the same smooth draw but so much vibration and no difference with the dampener. we added a 8in stabilizer and the vibrations got worse! reduced the poundage and still had the same amount of vibration. the Axius Ultra is the way to go if you want aluminum smooth draw cycle and no vibration when the stabilizer was added. the new bows were quiet, esp the RX5 Ultra. Draw cycle on both longer bows felt the same, very comfortable. the same poundage on the shorter RX5 felt heavier/stiffer to pull and it had more vibration than the RX5 Ultra. Shot the bows with and without the dampener, there was some reduction in vibration with it added and the balance was better but throwing on the 8in stabilizer did the same thing and looked better. the back wall on the Hoyts, loved it no play. could tell a huge difference between the back wall of the Axius compared to all the new Hoyts. the Ventum 33 has larger shock pods than the Axius and RX5 but those didn't look like they helped it. we checked the Ventum 33 to make sure everything was tight and in spec and string stop was in the same spot as the others and still had a lot of post shot vibration. I'll visit another pro shop this weekend to see if it was just a fluke with this Ventum 33. grip on all bows was great no complaints there. never found any RX4 Alphas or Ultras locally to shoot and compare between em so cant speak to that. overall not a bad way to spend the night. loved the finish of the RX5 with Wilderness color! with a whisker biscuit and dampener the RX5 Ultra came in around 5lbs the Ventum 33 was just a bit more with the same setup. I ordered a Axius Ultra yesterday without shooting one but after today I'm happy with my decision!

541 - 560 of 656 Posts