Archery Talk Forum banner

561 - 580 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
It’s good
477 Posts
I do like the idea of the dovetail sight on the front of the bow, also like that they dropped the cam 1/2 system. It does shoot very good, just heavy and wasn’t impressed at all with the doinker set up. Hope you like yours tho 👍
ueah.
just shot the Ventum 33, RX5 and RX5 Ultra and Axius Ultra. the Carbon bows are not light, noticed that immediately. The RX5 Ultra had very minimal vibration for a carbon bow! I was blown away, couldn't stop shooting it, the draw is sooooo smooth. the Ventum 33 on the other hand had the same smooth draw but so much vibration and no difference with the dampener. we added a 8in stabilizer and the vibrations got worse! reduced the poundage and still had the same amount of vibration. the Axius Ultra is the way to go if you want aluminum smooth draw cycle and no vibration when the stabilizer was added. the new bows were quiet, esp the RX5 Ultra. Draw cycle on both longer bows felt the same, very comfortable. the same poundage on the shorter RX5 felt heavier/stiffer to pull and it had more vibration than the RX5 Ultra. Shot the bows with and without the dampener, there was some reduction in vibration with it added and the balance was better but throwing on the 8in stabilizer did the same thing and looked better. the Ventum 33 has larger shock pods than the Axius and RX5 but those didn't look like they helped it. we checked the Ventum 33 to make sure everything was tight and in spec and string stop was in the same spot as the others and still had a lot of post shot vibration. I'll visit another pro shop this weekend to see if it was just a fluke with this Ventum 33. grip on all bows was great no complaints there. never found any RX4 Alphas or Ultras locally to shoot and compare between em so cant speak to that. overall not a bad way to spend the night. loved the finish of the RX5 with Wilderness color! with a whisker biscuit and dampener the RX5 Ultra came in around 5lbs the Ventum 33 was just a bit more with the same setup. I ordered a Axius Ultra yesterday without shooting one but after today I'm happy with my decision!

View attachment 7341198

View attachment 7341199

View attachment 7341200

View attachment 7341202

View attachment 7341203

View attachment 7341204

View attachment 7341205

View attachment 7341206

View attachment 7341207

View attachment 7341208
Yeah but it’s made in Chy-na... 😁

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm curious on the solid color riser finishes. From the looks of it in the videos, the finish is much smoother this year and has less of an abrasive/sandpaper look to it. Those of you that have seen one can you confirm? How good do they look in person?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Hoyt Axius Ultra, Easton, Muzzy, Apex, Summit
32 Posts
That wilderness with the black trim is fire. Still can't believe it doesn't turn into a light saber or levitate. Freaking hoyt engineers

·
Registered
Hoyt Axius Ultra, Easton, Muzzy, Apex, Summit
32 Posts
Crazy, I have the axius ultra and it is super dead bare. Wonder if its the thinner riser.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
The Ventum 33 at my shop was a hand shock machine. It was pretty bad. The Ventum 30 was much much better.
I just had three buddies I know get to shoot them today. All said they were super dead. Guess I’ll try them Friday and see for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I just had three buddies I know get to shoot them today. All said they were super dead. Guess I’ll try them Friday and see for myself.

The one I shot tonight was dead in the hand. Better than the Elite Enkore I shot it next to. The Ventum 33 is pretty dang nice IMO.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
The one I shot tonight was dead in the hand. Better than the Elite Enkore I shot it next to. The Ventum 33 is pretty dang nice IMO.
Yeah two of them already ordered the 33” the other one is on the fence about the Carbon or a new Elite. I can’t wait to test them Friday!!!

If I enjoy it( like I do most Hoyts) I’ll be adding a 65# Ventum 33” in Wilderness Green to join my Axius Ultra.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm curious on the solid color riser finishes. From the looks of it in the videos, the finish is much smoother this year and has less of an abrasive/sandpaper look to it. Those of you that have seen one can you confirm? How good do they look in person?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
It same finish texture as the last 2 years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I just got done shooting the new bows. Ended up purchasing an RX-4.

The new RX-5 is quieter and possibly less hand shock, but feels really heavy and I do not like the new paint texture. Also the draw cycle feels very similar to a Matthews V-3. Not as smooth as the #3 cam I purchased today. Happy with my decision.

As for the Ventum, gonna be a hard decision for those comparing to the Matthews V3, Bowtech, and the Prime. I would put all 4 in the same category with small differences that will determine what is best for the individual.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will admit the pic rail mount is pretty cool, not sure if it justifies purchasing one of these though
I love the pic rail on the ventum but the wrap around design for the RX-5 makes me wonder if there are any weight savings on that versus a normal sight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wish they would explain the additional weight a bit better but if the standard weight include the dingle and it being the equivalent of a 7" stab then you would be saving a decent amount of overall weight.

·
Registered
It’s good
477 Posts
I love the pic rail on the ventum but the wrap around design for the RX-5 makes me wonder if there are any weight savings on that versus a normal sight.
Nope. They’re as heavy as the aluminum bows. Now the only thing you’re paying the extra $500-$600 for is a perception of a “warm” riser when it’s cold out.

·
Registered
It’s good
477 Posts
I wish they would explain the additional weight a bit better but if the standard weight include the dingle and it being the equivalent of a 7" stab then you would be saving a decent amount of overall weight.
33 ventum weighed in at 4.97 lbs without the penis attached to the bow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Damn! Thats crazy. I'll be shooting one today so I'll hold my judgement. I just don't get the weight gains all around. I've been wanting a carbon so I may just go with a RX-4 or 3. My VXR is already a sweet shooter so I don't plan on letting that one go.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Weighed one last night with a whisker biscuit on it. Came in right at 5lbs. The Elite Enkore with a biscuit on it was 4.9lbs

Reactions: vmals
561 - 580 of 656 Posts