Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
I’m honestly not sure how they could make the ventum 33 better lol. But I said the same thing about the axius ultra. Hopefully we get a quiet carbon bow. I want one so bad but everyone I shoot is just so loud compared to their aluminum siblings.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I’m in the market for sure this year hands down I’m getting a new bow. I still shoot the Carbon Defiant 31” #3 cam 60-70#. Love this rig but going to go with their new technology. Carbon or Aluminum not sure will have to wait and see. I just hope they don’t make minor improvements to Ventum. I was hopping along the same line but a newer model. I was nervous about not having the yoke anymore and wanted to see. Most say the love the new Ventum. So either buy a used Ventum or new 2022. Prob considering going to a 50-60 lb and max out.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I’m honestly not sure how they could make the ventum 33 better lol. But I said the same thing about the axius ultra. Hopefully we get a quiet carbon bow. I want one so bad but everyone I shoot is just so loud compared to their aluminum siblings.
Throw away the shim-tuning and invest/invent/patent-lease a better tuning system.

I have a personal hate towards shimming, but I’ve also seen a tone of people with new Hoyts really despise tuning the RX5 & Ventum.

·
Registered
Rx-3 Ultra BE X-impacts, Black Gold Custom Pro, Hybrid Hunter Pro
213 Posts
Definitely need to ditch the shims, I personally love how the hybrid cams tuned. The only possible advantage I see for using shims is not having to worry about string stretch as much. Would also love to see the bows cut weight a bit. It’s a shame that more companies aren’t using similar metals to what xpedition is using.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I agree with you guys 100%
Weight is a problem. The point of carbon is weight savings and warm to the touch. Well if it is the same weight as aluminum or heavier, that warm to touch isn't even close to worth the extra $800!. I mean a super nice pair of gloves cost $50. They need to take that carbon spyder formula and tweak it with the new cam system. If they can get down to that 3.7/3.9lb range id be interested again. My pse DNA aluminum bow is 3.7lbs..... lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
I personally think the best bow Hoyt came out with last year was the Eclipse. All the other bows (except the Torrex) are at least 1# heavier than they should be. For 2022 I think Hoyt should modify the Eclipse increasing the A to A by a couple inches and adding some draw length so I can get one in 29". Basically an updated Alphamax 32.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Anyone heard an actual release date? I miss the days of a bow release before Halloween.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 429 Posts