Archery Talk Forum banner
261 - 280 of 1032 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
What a bunch of pussies, "oooh the hoyt carbon bows are too heavy". Weight saving is not the only reason to make a bow completely out of carbon, it is also because it has higher tensile strength than aluminium. An all carbon bow that weighs the same as an aluminium bow is at least 3 times stronger. The rx5 is the Superman of compound bows, indestructible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What a bunch of pussies, "oooh the hoyt carbon bows are too heavy". Weight saving is not the only reason to make a bow completely out of carbon, it is also because it has higher tensile strength than aluminium. An all carbon bow that weighs the same as an aluminium bow is at least 3 times stronger. The rx5 is the Superman of compound bows, indestructible.
I agree to disagree. The most common carbon feature is weight. If PSE can make a lightweight carbon bow, Hoyt can also.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Trolling is supposed to be fun and creative. 2/10 attempt at trolling.

I'd like everyone to raise their hand if they've ever had an aluminum bow riser fail because it wasn't strong enough and broke.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not sure why you think it’s funny! Hoyt made great improvements and the feel of the bow is very similar. But on a lot if not all the reviews on YouTube that you can see for yourself (some even have a decibel reader) they all gave Matthews being quieter and everyone comments on how it’s the most dead in the hand bow.
(Podium archer) does a speed test and review on both bows and the Hoyt came in at 322 FPS and the new Mathews came in at 332 FPS both bows had the same specs. Lots of reviews online have the same findings!
Yup both bow companies make great products.
anybody can twist up strings and get a bow to go as fast as you want lol. That’s why testing is done when they come from the factory and have similar specs, not after people twist up the strings to make a bow perform better.
In all of the Podium Archer reviews of 2021 bows, Ventum 33 was the only bow that hit advertised speed. They are the ones that tuned my Ventum 33. I had great expectation from Mathews this year but honestly last Mathews I owned was halon and there has not been major improvement since and to me Halon is one of their best bows ever. Last year it was between Ventum 33 and V3 for me and Ventum just felt better to me. Currently my set up is 70# 29" and 485grain arrow is 289fps. That is according to the same chrono they use in their reviews (Podium archer/SVA). I agree with you I don't think any anyone can touch Mathews when it comes to how quiet and dead in hand their bows are.

·
Banned
487 Posts
In all of the Podium Archer reviews of 2021 bows, Ventum 33 was the only bow that hit advertised speed. They are the ones that tuned my Ventum 33. I had great expectation from Mathews this year but honestly last Mathews I owned was halon and there has not been major improvement since and to me Halon is one of their best bows ever. Last year it was between Ventum 33 and V3 for me and Ventum just felt better to me. Currently my set up is 70# 29" and 485grain arrow is 289fps. That is according to the same chrono they use in their reviews (Podium archer/SVA). I agree with you I don't think any anyone can touch Mathews when it comes to how quiet and dead in hand their bows are.
Umm here is the Podium archer YouTube video and the Ventum, it hits a speed of 322 FPS on an bow that’s supposed to hit 342 FPS. That’s 20 FPS under advertised speed.
You clearly don’t like Mathews which is cool, you do you but the Triax is still one of the most popular bows and the VXR was the bow of the year I believe. The V3X is looking really good so far. You like Hoyt cool!
Photograph Nature Natural environment World Cloud

·
Registered
190 Posts
Umm here is the Podium archer YouTube video and the Ventum, it hits a speed of 322 FPS on an bow that’s supposed to hit 342 FPS. That’s 20 FPS under advertised speed.
You clearly don’t like Mathews which is cool, you do you but the Triax is still one of the most popular bows and the VXR was the bow of the year I believe. The V3X is looking really good so far. You like Hoyt cool! View attachment 7512315
Yes for Ventum. I was talking about Ventum 33 review (two different bows Ventum and Ventum 33 sorta like Mathews V27a nd V31). He even mentions it in the review that it was hitting IBO as advertised. I actually like Mathews I just like Ventum 33 better than any other bow I shot this year. Notice I did say and still stand behind the fact when it comes to sound and vibrations I do not think any company can compete with Mathews. Watch all of his review videos for this year and see that Ventum 33 is the only one to hit IBO. Here is the link
. Thank you for letting me know that I hate Mathews :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Banned
487 Posts
Yes for Ventum. I was talking about Ventum 33 review (two different bows Ventum and Ventum 33 sorta like Mathews V27a nd V31). He even mentions it in the review that it was hitting IBO as advertised. I actually like Mathews I just like Ventum 33 better than any other bow I shot this year. Notice I did say and still stand behind the fact when it comes to sound and vibrations I do not think any company can compete with Mathews. Watch all of his review videos for this year and see that Ventum 33 is the only one to hit IBO. Here is the link
. Thank you for letting me know that I hate Mathews :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh sorry you meant the other Ventum lol.
well dude… for you to say they haven’t had any improvements in 4- 5 years when they’ve had bow of the year a few times in that span is a little silly to say.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Reactions: Smada962

·
Banned
487 Posts
Who determines what the "bow of the year" is?
Your right, I get what your saying but I think the thousands of bows they sold those years, pretty much universally well received amount of online reviews of it, and yes I think a bunch of places like bow hunters magazine and bow hunter planet had it as there bow of the year. I’ve talked to a bunch of shops including the bow rack and they sell as many bows as anyone and they told me they sold more of this bows than any other bow. So yeah I think I’m pretty safe when I say they’ve had great bows in the last 4-5 years. By the way I didn’t buy one of them so I’m not speaking of a place of bias on those years.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oh sorry you meant the other Ventum lol.
well dude… for you to say they haven’t had any improvements in 4- 5 years when they’ve had bow of the year a few times in that span is a little silly to say.
Just like Hoyt had no improvents in RX series until new cam system this year. To me RX4 was not wort the upgrade over RX3. Just like most of post Halon Mathews are not worh spending money to upgrade. Small tweaks between VXR and V3 just like like RX3 and RX4. Honestly I was expecting total revamp out of Mathews this year. They made some improvents this year but if I had VXR or V series I would not spend money to upgrade to V3X.
I am actually the most excited to see bowtech offerings this year.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Just like Hoyt had no improvents in RX series until new cam system this year. To me RX4 was not wort the upgrade over RX3. Just like most of post Halon Mathews are not worh spending money to upgrade. Small tweaks between VXR and V3 just like like RX3 and RX4. Honestly I was expecting total revamp out of Mathews this year. They made some improvents this year but if I had VXR or V series I would not spend money to upgrade to V3X.
I am actually the most excited to see bowtech offerings this year.
Yeah no major Improvement from the VXR till the V3X this year just constant refining and a little bit better each year. To be honest there was not major improvements to make. These bows are so good now not many need major upgrades or there are no major upgrades to make.
Hoyt made a big jump and improvement last year with their new cam system.
I’ve talked to a few people who have said Bowtech has been experimenting with a higher poundage bow than 70# and an integrated system. Not sure if it’s gonna role out this year but but some are hinting those are coming. I’m not a Bowtech guy but their tuning system (deadlock) I think is the best.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah no major Improvement from the VXR till the V3X this year just constant refining and a little bit better each year. To be honest there was not major improvements to make. These bows are so good now not many need major upgrades or there are no major upgrades to make.
Hoyt made a big jump and improvement last year with their new cam system.
I’ve talked to a few people who have said Bowtech has been experimenting with a higher poundage bow than 70# and an integrated system. Not sure if it’s gonna role out this year but but some are hinting those are coming. I’m not a Bowtech guy but their tuning system (deadlock) I think is the best.
Look up PodiumArcher video where Josh built his franken bow this year. Rumor is that Bowtech will be putting out something simmilar to that. I really liked Revolt X.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
So yeah I think I’m pretty safe when I say they’ve had great bows in the last 4-5 years.
I was not questioning that, no doubt they are making fine product. However there are a bunch of factors that go into sales that are unrelated to the bow designs themselves. The Archery Industry is a machine and many of its cogs are oiled by $. I'm as leery of "Bow of the year" awards as much as I am "politician of the year", "man of the year", "car of the year" or other popularity contests (and that is all these are) Youtube content creators are just the new wave of bowhunting rag writers of the past, but they have it even easier- they just need a camera and some free time- they don't even need to get through a job interview.

I am cynical, yes- but it's based on past experience.

Reactions: longbeard02

·
Banned
487 Posts
I was not questioning that, no doubt they are making fine product. However there are a bunch of factors that go into sales that are unrelated to the bow designs themselves. The Archery Industry is a machine and many of its cogs are oiled by $. I'm as leery of "Bow of the year" awards as much as I am "politician of the year", "man of the year", "car of the year" or other popularity contests (and that is all these are) Youtube content creators are just the new wave of bowhunting rag writers of the past, but they have it even easier- they just need a camera and some free time- they don't even need to get through a job interview.

I am cynical, yes- but it's based on past experience.
All true but then what measure do you go by? I go buy the vast majority. If your selling a ton of product you usually have a good product. As far as the bow reviews go: shops sell all brands of bows so I believe their reviews should be fairly accurate when they are consistent results from multiple shops that sell many brands.
bows are just so good now from many brands

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Alm true but then what measure do you go by? I go buy the vast majority. If your selling a ton of product you usually have a good product. As far as the bow reviews go: shops sell all brands of bows so I believe their reviews should be fairly accurate
I'm not questioning that it is good or bad- they obviously make good products. But don;t ever downplay the role marketing, dealer incentives, influencers, writers, etc have. In the old days there were great technical reviews from impartial engineers, like Norb Mulaney- you can only lay out the numbers, and then all other things are subjective.

These days I don't think there is any unbiased reporting that I'm aware of. Even the best people on youtube are selling these products. So terms like " Bow of the year" from "celebrities" or a couple of goofs on yootoob make me laugh. Bows are such a subjective and individual choice.

McDonalds sells a ton of burgers every year, more than anyone else... so they must be the best, right? ;)

·
Banned
487 Posts
I'm not questioning that it is good or bad- they obviously make good products. But don;t ever downplay the role marketing, dealer incentives, influencers, writers, etc have. In the old days there were great technical reviews from impartial engineers, like Norb Mulaney- you can only lay out the numbers, and then all other things are subjective.

These days I don't think there is any unbiased reporting that I'm aware of. Even the best people on youtube are selling these products. So terms like " Bow of the year" from "celebrities" or a couple of goofs on yootoob make me laugh. Bows are such a subjective and individual choice.

McDonalds sells a ton of burgers every year, more than anyone else... so they must be the best, right? ;)
So someone like Kellen from inside out precision who is not payed by anyone, who doesn’t own the shop, who works at the shop and sells all brands of bows and does reviews of all the brands what would be his bias? There are plenty of people who give good unbiased reviews and have nothing to gain.
Taste like a food is objective so not a great example.
Numbers don’t lie, durability doesn’t lie, attributes that are present or not don’t lie. Keep in mind all these celebrities could get paid by shooting many brands so yeah if one brand has a ton of some of the best archers in the world it would be smart to take notice. Also when you see the same brand having winners on the target archery podium for decades you should take notice as well.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I think Inside Out Precision reviews are the most consistent and unbiased yt reviews. Also, personal experience with bows in the shop matches his feedback almost every single time.

On another note, it looks like everyone is anticipating a great release from Hoyt. Lots of 21s in the classifieds and on FB pages.

261 - 280 of 1032 Posts