Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am getting a heck of a deal from a friend that is selling me a hoyt trykon 28" bow. It has everything on it, but only problem is that I meassure for a 30" draw. Hoyt no longer carries the cams and the solo place that was going to do the bow work suggested to find cams from someone else. Does anyone have or know of a place to get 30" cams for this bow? Im getting the bow for $200 and it has top of the line bells and whistles. It will end up being cheaper to find cams than to buy another bow and the archery store agreed. Is this a smart buy? Where could I find cams? Thanks alot- John

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
Your also going to need a New String, New buss cable, and a New Slave cable... Just to let you know depending on who you get the strings from could be another $65.00- $90.00 bucks.. You can also PM me if you want to know the lengths in which you will need.

·
Registered
742 Posts
..and you might need limbs because the deflection could be different between the two lengths. Limbs can run around $100 plus. I'd call Hoyt first and ask before I bought. This could end up costing more than you imagined.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
its not that good of a deal because your going to need new cams, strings, and limbs by the time you get done you will have $500.00 in a 06 bow that was not that great new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot guys. Is it hard to come across cams for the hoyt trykon? I might have a new deal with a mattews for $400 with everything on it and arrows. Question is this bow is also not a 30" but a 29". How difficult is it to purchase new cams on the mattews switchback?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Do you know for a fact that you are 30" draw? How tall are you? Unless you are 6' or taller I would bet you are less than 30" draw.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
waaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to get a cam for a mathews

some of the mathews with the longest draw cam took different string sets, but for the most part, you won't need another string set...

I wouldn't mess with that Trykon...cams, string and cables, possible limb deflection changes....no thanks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The solo archery place measured me to 30" Im 6'4". Im going to look at the mattews this weekend so see what I think.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The solo archery place measured me to 30" Im 6'4". Im going to look at the mattews this weekend so see what I think.
That's good. At least we know you aren't 5'7" and trying to buy a 30" draw bow.

Good luck to ya. Hope you get it figured out cuz archery is a wonderful way of life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts