Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a AEP thru riser side mount for my Hoyt 737 but the quiver hole is not tapped. I need a 5/16-20 tapper right? Just want to make sure before I go and screw something up

· Registered
844 Posts
Is the AEP Side Mount for a Vbar? I just put a bolt with a washer through the hole into the AEP Mount, I haven't ever seen anyone tap the hole. Here is AEP contact information:

Arrow Engineering Products

226 High st.

New Britain, CT 06051

(860)826-7737

[email protected]

· Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the AEP Side Mount for a Vbar? I just put a bolt with a washer through the hole into the AEP Mount, I haven't ever seen anyone tap the hole. Here is AEP contact information:

Arrow Engineering Products

226 High st.

New Britain, CT 06051

(860)826-7737

[email protected]
The bolt will not fit through the quiver mouting hole. I just assumed that you would tap it. I will give Nunzio a call Monday.

· Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you tap out the riser you're gonna void your warranty ,...just a thought
I don't have a warranty, I traded for the 737 here on AT. I'm getting annoyed with this bow. Had to get a different rest mount because of TEC riser, gotta press the bow just to get to the mod screws, etc..:mad:

· Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you dont need to touch your riser.if you got the correct fitting for the hoyt it will bolt right together.I have 4-5 of them setup that way
I ordered it right from Nunzio himself. I told him what bow I have and he knew what I needed but its not working. It not for a V-bar, just a single side rod.

· Registered
6,141 Posts
My 737 has a threaded hole just under the string stopper. It is not the standard stabilizer thread, I think it is 1/4-20 threads? You could use it to mount a side bar. Or mount something like the Doinker AOSM under the front stab and then screw your side bar into it.

· Registered
657 Posts
The AEP Hoyt mount for a single side bar goes where the lower quiver bracket would go. The bolt should fit through the hole ( no threading involved) and screw into the mount itself. I also have had these on my Hoyts and it is how they all went on.

· bowaholic
1,964 Posts
Yea the hole you're looking for isn't threaded and has a triangle around it. I tried to put it in the threaded hole at first too, it didn't work too good for me.:wink:

· Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea the hole you're looking for isn't threaded and has a triangle around it. I tried to put it in the threaded hole at first too, it didn't work too good for me.:wink:
The quiver mount hole is where I've tried to put the bolt through and it won't fit, its too big. I'm sure it would fit if I took a hammer to it.

· Registered
700 Posts
Tap

I have the Ultratec, Tykon, and X7 and they all have the same hole near the bottom limb pocket for the quiver. They are drilled perfectly to tap with a 5/16 #24 fine thread just like the front stabilizer bushing. I have tapped this on mine. All the best, RI Max

· bowaholic
1,964 Posts
Ok well Nunzio may have given you the wrong one by mistake because if the bolt will thread into the offset piece but won't go through the riser then my guess would be it's the wrong one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.