Archery Talk Forum banner

Hoyt Alphaburner

1297 Views 16 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Chris Downs
Who is shooting the Alphaburner? Indoors, 3d, hunting or all of the above? I was shooting with a buddy of mine last night who shoots a burner. I never really gave this bow a 2nd look because I am not a speed guy but after talking to him for a while I may have to give it a shot!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
563 Posts
I love mine.. shoot it for everything, mostly target right now b/c i'm stationed overseas but i killed a deer in Ohio with it last season

· Widewater Hunt Club
9,411 Posts
I just ordered a 70lb. Burner last week (lefty). I didn't think it would be possible at first, but I was able to shoot a right handed burner just to get a feel for the spiral's. They have very little let off, but I like shooting that way. I get to lazy with my form if there's too much valley. IMO the Burner is a great bow!

· Registered
573 Posts
I use mine for 3-d and like it very much.Still getting used to the draw cycle and holding weight. Since I also have a blacked out am35 also. I shooting it at 62lbs and getting 287 ft.per sec. at 27 inch draw. 400 fatboys with 100 grain tips.

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just out of curiosity, why do you say this? I'm getting ready to order a new Hoyt and was planning on getting the CRX 35.
The crx35 is way smother imo. That being said I am hearing a few guys talk down the speeds that they are getting out of their crx35s. So I was just kicking around the idea of the Alphaburner. You can never tell about bows though. My maxxis31 at 58lbs, 29.5 dl is shooting a 350gn target arrow at 285fps. You would have never convinced me that it would so that... I love the way the CRX35 shoots and feels, just exploring the burner option also.

· Registered
6,474 Posts
Who is shooting the Alphaburner? Indoors, 3d, hunting or all of the above? I was shooting with a buddy of mine last night who shoots a burner. I never really gave this bow a 2nd look because I am not a speed guy but after talking to him for a while I may have to give it a shot!
Shoot mine for 3D, spots & hunting.

So far, the Burner has 5 solid, 300 5 spot round to it's credit.

· Registered
6,483 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why do you say this? I'm getting ready to order a new Hoyt and was planning on getting the CRX 35.
Chris the CRX is awesome I just noticed that in the signature of the OP he was thinking about ordering a CRX 35 and since he has a Maxxis and a Carbon Element I thought he might a little change of pace and get the Alphaburner that's all nothing beteen the lines to read.

· Registered
276 Posts
The AM32 was my favorite in the Hoyt line up until the Burner. I like everything about that bow. I do not have near enough money to get every bow I like, wish the Big O would give out a stimulus package for bow hunters.

· Registered
351 Posts
Chris the CRX is awesome I just noticed that in the signature of the OP he was thinking about ordering a CRX 35 and since he has a Maxxis and a Carbon Element I thought he might a little change of pace and get the Alphaburner that's all nothing beteen the lines to read.
Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if there was something I was missing out on...haha. One of the hoyt dealers in my area has one burner left, but told me that he didn't keep many of them because they don't sell good. The other dealer in my area doesn't have any and would have to order one. I'm going to try to get a new Hoyt this weekend and just wanted to cover all the bases. Thanks again for the clarification.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.