Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there shot the alphaburner?? Thinking about getting one but I can't find any information online about it. Has anyone shot one and if so can you advise me on wether or not it is a good buy? I currently own a crx35 and love it. I also have a strother sx rush and I'm thinking of trading the strother for the alphaburner. Please help!

·
Registered
288 Posts
My buddy had one. It's a nice bow but like any speed bow he said the draw cycle is harsh. He ended up getting rid of it after he split a limb.

·
Registered
985 Posts
i like my sons smooth shooting an fast 28 draw 385 grain arrow 315fps at 70 pounds

·
soon to be up a tree
1,319 Posts
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MINE! Draw cycle is harsh compared to my katera xl but not even close to being as harsh as other speed bows. Things hold steady on target and are a real pleasure to shoot.

360 gr arrow. 29 3/8" draw

Just a heads up the Spiral X cams run right around half inch longer than listed draw length.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I love mine. Im trying to trade mine just because im still growing and need to be able to adjust the DL without having to buy new cams every time. 27 inch draw, 60lbs 325 grain arrow+290fps. PM me if you are interested in the trade.

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Anyone that says that draw is harsh is simply shooting to much poundage. Burners are butter smooth, 50-60 lbs.

·
soon to be up a tree
1,319 Posts
I do have to agree. Harsh was a harsh word to use when describing the draw of a burner. Aggressive is the best adjective for its draw cycle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is it that you mean when you say aggressive? Can anyone describe the draw cycle and how it shoots? Noise? Shock?

·
soon to be up a tree
1,319 Posts
IMO aggressive means it doesn't draw as smooth as pulling a melted knife through melted butter(aka Hoyts Z3 cams). It's more like pulling a knife through refrigerated butter. Seriously though the draw cycle is smooth when cams are timed. I'm not sure which bows you have shot but IMHO it draws like the binary cam Elites.
They are a quiet bow. As far as hand shock goes mine does have a little but I'm sure with a better stabilizer I could eliminate a lot of that.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Completely smooth draw. If you are a guy used to a huge valley and low hold weight then it will take some getting used to. My Alpha I had made me a better shooter as it teaches you not to get lazy on the shot.

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
Don't listen to the people that say its a rough draw .. Best way to describe it is smooth all the way back into valley .. Valley isn't huge and let off is 65-70 depending on what peg you have the stop at .. One important factor is make absolute sure you have your correct draw .. I loved my burner only down side is it is massively reflexes which makes it feel heavier than it is .. But there's no way around it the bow is very heavy , the spirals are my favorite cam from Hoyt .. Thinking of putting them on my element actually .. People either love or hate the spirals .. Great cam keeps you honest .. I gave my burner to my dad for Xmas he loves it as well

·
Registered
338 Posts
I LOVE mine. I'm not sure of the speed I get from it, but it is super quiet. The spirals are tricky though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts