Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have shot these 2 bows, how do they compare. I know that it will ultimately come down to the feel and fit for me, but I am looking to hear others opinions. So far I have only shot a few shots through the Alpaelite, and liked the draw cycle and the over all feel of the bow, but i still need to shoot the Vantage Elite which will require trying to find a local shop that has one in stock. No luck with this as of yet.

If you have a preference to either one of the two bows, why or what gives one the edge over the other.

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
there is no comparision between the ve+ with spirals and an alphaelite(unless you do lots of tweaking or switch to xtr's and continue to play). the alpha has a drop into the valley that the spirals don't have and the vantage is easier to shoot well consistently at distance. the ve+ is a sweet spot bow, but so is the ae(the ae will shoot 300's day in and day out with ease, but it takes much more from the shooter to do it)

that said, i'm getting an alpha(technically second one, but i don't have the first one.... they will be set up the same, #2 xtr's 60lbs and at 29"dl). my vantage is great, but a second one would not be used for more than show.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
there is no comparision between the ve+ with spirals and an alphaelite(unless you do lots of tweaking or switch to xtr's and continue to play). the alpha has a drop into the valley that the spirals don't have and the vantage is easier to shoot well consistently at distance. the ve+ is a sweet spot bow, but so is the ae(the ae will shoot 300's day in and day out with ease, but it takes much more from the shooter to do it)

that said, i'm getting an alpha(technically second one, but i don't have the first one.... they will be set up the same, #2 xtr's 60lbs and at 29"dl). my vantage is great, but a second one would not be used for more than show.
I subscribed to this thread because I have an AE and also a 2011CE/GTX's. Was thinking about a VE with Spirals. Would you care to explain how the AE can shoot 300's with ease, but it takes more from the shooter? is this saying it's easier to shoot 300's with the VE????? And also the VE shoots more consistently at distance than the AE, but a AE with the XTR's is the Bomb and is better than either the VE or the regular AE as it comes in the box??????? Little clarification here please....

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
im am not a fan of the fuel cams as they, kinda suck. so the xtr's is an improvement over the fuels after you time them to how you like and get your desired letoff etc. they take a bit more playing to get correct but they have a feel more like spirals than that of the fuels.

the vantage is easier to punch paper with just do to the geometry... that said the alpha is easy to shoot and shoot well, you just have to be there every shot. the vantage lets you have a little "wiggle" room. first round i shot with my ae was a 299 vegas after i shot it in, timed it, and set it up with a full hunter class setup. the first round out of the box for my ve+ was a 58x, its like apples to oranges.. after i got the alphaelite setup, i was averaging high 280's-low 290 fita scoring on an 18m round

i shot my ae out to 60yds and it shot fine, but not as well as my vantage does, that said the vantage had a full freestyle rig last time i shot it at that distance and the alpha elite only had a hunter setup.

·
Registered
683 Posts
so to sum up: you're saying as a pure target bow the VE+ is easier to get consistent and accurate. Other than speed, is there any advantage to the AE (e.g. does it "aim" easier, etc)?

For spots/field, would you change from VE to AE?

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I would choose the VE over the AE every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'm a fan of longer ATAs, especially with my draw, which is on the longer end of 29.5" The Contender Elite vs. the Vantage Elite is a harder choice for me, though, because I absolutely loved my '06 Pro Elite.

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
the speed is negligible.. my ve+ is shooting 287 with a 350gr ish lightspeed at 56lbs 29". the only real advantage to the alphaelite is that it takes less weight on the bars to stabilize it. the alpha may aim a little faster, but thats about it.

for spots the vantage is the only way for me, as far as comp goes. for outdoor i would give the ae a chance and see how it shoots at 80-90yds before i decided for sure

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks very much for the information. That follows along the lines I was thinking with the taller brace height on the VE. Now to just find a shop that has both of them in stock so I can do a side by side comparison. After not shooting for 12 years, I need all the help from the equipment I can get.

Now that I have started back shooting I honestly can't remember why I stopped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts