Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im glad i joined this great site,ive been a gun hunter for over 25 years and i will still hunt with a gun,my bow hunting friends finally talked me into bow hunting and the advantage of hunting with a bow which is a longer hunting season which is true, anyway i went down to a local pro-shop and tried out a good amount of bows,it came down to mathews and hoyt,the bow that felt right was the Hoyt Alphamax,so my question is i am getting different answers from different pro-shops on what sights and rest to put on the Hoyt Alphamax,it will be mainly used for hunting,quality and performance(sights-rest)is important,im not going to though junk on the bow,if you know what i mean,anyway need some of your suggestions,I thank you............

·
Registered
256 Posts
I love the Trophy Taker FC fall away, great for hunting and arrow will not fall off. There are many good sights, depends on what you want to spend and if you want multiple pins or a slide. Looking at a HHA slide now for myself.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not worried about the money i just what to put on whats best for the bow,i believe that a three pin will be enough for deer hunting but i was also thinking of 3-d shooting so is there such a sight that i can remove pins or add pins for my application(mainly hunting,maybe 3-d shooting)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Your questions have been asked time and time again. I myself just recently went through a similar process so I'm going to give you the advice I got:

Sights:

1. Spot-Hogg with the wrap (the benchmark in hunting sights In Many Folks Opinion)
2. Axcel Armortech Sight (great sight very easy to adjust & well thought out)
3. Black Gold ( love how the pins adjust to light condition ..no Halo effect !...Drawback to these sights is that they don't come with lights that I know of)
* I went with the Apex sight because it offers a lot of the 'bells and whistles' (including the adjustability and a touch button light!) as these more expensive models but for much less. If interested get in touch with Rob at Hunt n' Shak

Rests:
1. QAD HD
2. LimbDriver
3. Ripcord
* You really can't go wrong with any of these rests. The top 2 seem to be the most popular with a lot of the competition guys going for the Limbdriver and hunter, like myself, like the QAD HD. Like I said...you can't go wrong here.

Hope this helps a lil...Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
:welcome: 2 ArcheryTalk

I have an AM32 and I have the Extreme RT900 sight and the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest on mine and am very happy with both .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decision,Decisions??????? I dont know which way to go,I want to make one correct choice,slap them on and leave them on,permently.:confused:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a Tru Glo 5 pin with the mico adjust and love it. Its tough and under $100. I shot 3d with it last year and done good. I put a QAD on my AM 32 and it does great

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I've got a Spot -Hogg Hoggit Hunter with the wrap on my bow and I'm putting the same sight on the Hoyt Maxxis I have ordered. I going to try the QAD HD rest on it. I had a Trophy Taker Extreme Topslot on my Trykon XL and it is a great rest, but mine did fray the string. If they could get this fixed it would be a hard rest to beat. If you get the Spot Hogg Hoggit Hunter with the wrap it is an awesome sight, not cheap though. You usually get what you pay for.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For the sight - only one choice in my books - Axcel Amortech HD.

Sights are a personal preference. I do not like full containment, i prefer micro adjust for indoor, 3D and hunting - need the micro for indoor local tournaments. I use the NAP Smartrest with the hunters friend arrow holder sold by one of our fellow members.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Got a Sword Apex 3rd plane and QAD on my Alphamax. Not a single issue with setup and the multiple pins allows for adjustment for unting and 3D shooting. Its all on what fits you best but this setup is a winner on the Alphamax!

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Vapor Trail Limb Driver rest and a Sure Loc QC sight

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well for rests i narrowed it down to 2, the limbdriver and the QAD HD,the only two negitive things im hearing about the limbdriver is that some say its alittle noisy and that if your walking on rough terrian your arrow will fall to the side,any thoughts on these two,thanks again........

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not with the new launcher blade
I'm shooting the limbdriver with the new capture blade on it up here in MN. I've never had a problem catching it on a thing. Either have the two other guys I hunt with. They work great and are easy as pie to set up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts