Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post pictures or describe how you setup your Hoyt AlphaMax .I'm trying to decide what accessories I want to get for mine

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Here is a pic of mine I like everything I have on it but I am changing out the Muzzy rest with a G5 Expert II rest and I am also using a Treelimb Quiver Premium and really like it as well.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
If what you like works on one bow...it will work on the Alpha Max for the most part.

I have my favorite gear.....and no matter what the bow is....that stuff goes on my bow IF it fits correctly ")

Trophy Taker rest is #1 on my list for rest no matter what
Hogg It for my sight
Doinker stab......same gear for every hunting rig. :)

Stick with what works for YOU.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
If what you like works on one bow...it will work on the Alpha Max for the most part.

I have my favorite gear.....and no matter what the bow is....that stuff goes on my bow IF it fits correctly ")

Trophy Taker rest is #1 on my list for rest no matter what
Hogg It for my sight
Doinker stab......same gear for every hunting rig. :)

Stick with what works for YOU.
Spoken like a true wiseman ;)

·
Reverend
6,939 Posts
Hey DJ...
Nice rig!:thumbs_up
Tell me about that cable slide. Is that an aftermarket one? It looks as though it's torquing your cables (maybe it's the picture angle)?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hey DJ...
Nice rig!:thumbs_up
Tell me about that cable slide. Is that an aftermarket one? It looks as though it's torquing your cables (maybe it's the picture angle)?
Rev
it looks like it is a Muzzy drop away rest. Blake

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I've had my Alphamax 35 for a week, Got mine setup for target/3d

Amax 35 60lb 27.5 draw
Shibuya Ultima 365 with Cr Apex 4x Brown Hornet Signature DY
Trophy Taker SS1
Doinker Carbon Elite 24"
Easton Fatboy 500s

298 fps

·
Registered
395 Posts
2009 Hoyt AlphaMax 32: Blackout/Realtree APG

Here's my Alphamax! Haven't got it set up yet... just through accessories on and snapped some photos, so obviously haven't shot it yet either. Can't wait though! Enjoy...

Alphamax 32
60# (bottomed out at 63#) / 27"
ProFit 180 grip (AWESOME!!!)
Spot Hogg Hogg-It / Anchor Sight
VaporTrail Limbdriver
Fuse 8" Carbon Connexion Hunter
Fuse Ventera "Shorty" Quiver (when it arrives)

AMaxAT1.jpg AMaxAT2.jpg

AMaxAT3.jpg AMaxAT4.jpg

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Here's my Alphamax! Haven't got it set up yet... just through accessories on and snapped some photos, so obviously haven't shot it yet either. Can't wait though! Enjoy...

Alphamax 32
VaporTrail Limbdriver

View attachment 478585 View attachment 478586

View attachment 478587 View attachment 478588

Sweet looking rig!!:thumbs_up

Is that black a dull enough finish to hunt with? I love black bows with camo limbs, but it needs to be a hunting bow.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sweet looking rig!!:thumbs_up

Is that black a dull enough finish to hunt with? I love black bows with camo limbs, but it needs to be a hunting bow.
All I plan on doing with it is hunting, so I think it is. It's a pretty flat finish. Powdercoating, I believe. Don't think the deer will mind. :tongue:

·
Registered
581 Posts

Alphamax 32
VaporTrail Limbdriver

View attachment 478585 View attachment 478586

View attachment 478587 View attachment 478588

Is that grip as thin as the original one or is it thicker,thanks.Nice looking rig.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Heres my set up

AM32
30" Draw
64 LBS
324gr Victory V-Force HV's
322fps

Sword Apex 3rd
Trophy Taker Xtreme FC
12" Posten Woodsman
G5 Peep
New Twisted Strings, Sling Braid on the way

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
are you guys with your bow completly set up feeling any viberation in the riser after the shot
??

·
svbbubba
3,972 Posts
grip

fellows your bows are ...NICE....if you don't mind me asking ...how much $ are the Profit 180 grips going for ?......bubba

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is that grip as thin as the original one or is it thicker,thanks.Nice looking rig.
It's the same size/form as their standard wood grip, it is just "made from Thermo Elastomer to dampen vibration and act as an insulator for those cold weather hunts."

svbbubba: I think they are around $29.99

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
are you guys with your bow completly set up feeling any viberation in the riser after the shot
??
none at all mine is dead in my hands, this is my favorite hunting bow to date.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
the one i shot was dead on the shot but right after you could feel the riser vibrating

·
Registered
829 Posts
the one i shot was dead on the shot but right after you could feel the riser vibrating

I ordered my alphamax today, and with the looks of these pics and the way it shot I won't be disappointed. Now I have my PSE recurve, my Mathews DXT, my Hoyt Alphamax, and probably one of the new Mathews bows. Who says archery isn't addicting? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts