Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my hoyt alphamax had a little bit of shock to it, so I thought I would try and fix that without spending very much. Since it has a carbon rod instead of a threaded string suppressor I decided to modify the factory one.

I went to the hardware store and got a socket head bolt that was size 3/16 i believe (whatever one the 1/8" allen wrench works on) in a 1 1/2" size. I also bought 5 nuts, 3 washers, and a lock nut that would fit on the bolt.

I then removed the old rubber part off of the stock string suppressor and put the bolt through. on the other side i put the 5 nuts, 3 washers, and lock nut on the end. I tightened it down and put a vibekiller string suppressor i had laying around on the end.

My bow is now shooting much quieter with absolutely 0 vibration in the hands. Best part is the parts cost me a total of $1.42 (the vibekiller would have been an extra $3-5 if i needed to buy one)

I didn't need to cut the shaft at all, just had to adjust how far the carbon shaft went into the riser a little bit.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt, let me know what you think of this if you tried it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts