Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
you WONT go wrong with any....all are sweet bows and it will definitely be a personal preference choice...but if i had to pick it be the alien

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I never shot the Alien but out of the AM and the Admiral i would definitely go with the AM. You can't go wrong with Hoyt and i'm currently trading my Captain and getting an AM.

·
Registered
803 Posts
well If I were rich I'd buy all of them and try out them for myself
BUT i'm not so AT it is
There all shooters if you ask me just depends on the extra little things you like in yor bow

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i shot them all.

i ordered the Alien before shooting it. So my pick might be biased that i already agreed to get one. That said, shooting confirmed i think i made the right choice.

I'd take the AM over the Admiral, easy. I see them in that order, Alien, AM and Admiral. I just don't like the weight and feel of the Admiral and admit, i'm afraid of bowtech's record for exploding bows lately.

I'll probably pick up an AM used. There was such a huge run on them early in the production cycle that the market likely will be flooded with great deals by July or August.

my $.02 - Alien, AM, Admiral, in that order

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear a lot of the alien, is it smooth and quiet?its a fast bow so how quiet is it and what's the price on them? can they be tuned with a qad ultra rest?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
i shot them all.

...and admit, i'm afraid of bowtech's record for exploding bows lately.

not fair to use the word lately...I have seen more AM exploding bows on here than the Admiral...i'm not saying the Admiral is better, but the Admiral is a solid bow. I shot the AM today then went home and shot my CAPTAIN...would not ever consider trading it for an AM. I would own an AM though...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I shot the Hoyt and the Bowtech and ordered the Alien without even shooting it...I just knew that the Hoyt and BT just were not what I was looking for and just rolled the dice with the Alien!!! Maybe this will help with the choice?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I shot the Hoyt and the Bowtech and ordered the Alien without even shooting it...I just knew that the Hoyt and BT just were not what I was looking for and just rolled the dice with the Alien!!! Maybe this will help with the choice?

man...now that is a sweet looking bow...WOW!

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
not fair to use the word lately...I have seen more AM exploding bows on here than the Admiral...i'm not saying the Admiral is better, but the Admiral is a solid bow. I shot the AM today then went home and shot my CAPTAIN...would not ever consider trading it for an AM. I would own an AM though...
what????????????????? How many AMs have you seen explode?????

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
thats absolutely hard to call right there.... my personal opinion would have to be the alphamax though... very nice machine

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
maybe true. But i really do want to buy an admiral. i want to love it, but I just don't like what i saw with the general last year, the iceman this year, etc. it worries me. probably shouldn't and maybe they have no more problems than others, but it sure seems that way.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
maybe true. But i really do want to buy an admiral. i want to love it, but I just don't like what i saw with the general last year, the iceman this year, etc. it worries me. probably shouldn't and maybe they have no more problems than others, but it sure seems that way.
OH POO!!! I have a General and love that bow!!!

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
whats wrong with the ice man??? and if you shot a general you would have a totally different opinion on them...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts