Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got my AM32 in the mail today from the classifieds. Fantastic bow, a really nice step up from a Martin Bengal.

One question. My 2" Blazers are touching the buss cable. The Bengal had a bent cable rod to adjust the cables away from the fletching. Is there any way to adjust the Alphamax Clearance?

The arrow looks to be centered on the rest (Limbdriver) and riser.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
the only thing i can think of is try a different cable slide, one that would bring it in closer. i have a had good luck with the Limbsaver Teflon cable slide, thats what i had on my AM32. good luck apex89

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Your centershot (center of arrow to riser) should be right around 3/4" (within a 1/16" either way). If your centershot is good, rotate the nocks on your arrows to get the vane clearance you need.

·
Registered
516 Posts
This works great!

the only thing i can think of is try a different cable slide, one that would bring it in closer. i have a had good luck with the Limbsaver Teflon cable slide, thats what i had on my AM32. good luck apex89

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I had one on my AM32. Shredded my cable to all get-out. I'd stay away from them. Heard of a many others that has happened to as well.

I'd try rotating my nocks to get the clearance you need. That is of course unless you have them marked for the stiff point of your shaft. then you'll have to fletch each arrow accordingly to get the clearance.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to take a good look at my center shot. I think if is realy close, if not a litte outside right now. So correcting that may actually move the vane closer to the cable.

Those of you with an AM32, do you find this also with blazers? Or could this be something else, like spacers on the cams?

Thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My center shot is 13/16" and with the cock vane at 12:00, the vane does not touch the cables. Measure from the riser to the center of your arrow to see if you are close to this. I'm not familiar with the Limbdriver rests so I don't know how they tune regarding center shot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I'll do that.

Unfortunately, I'm at work now. This is gonna drive me nuts all day. I'm like a kid with a new toy who's not allowed to play with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts