Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told a few weeks ago that Hoyt and Bowtech will not honor the warranty on a bow if it has after market strings put on them. In other words you are required to use their strings. From what I was told Mathews has had this policy in place already. What say all of you? Is this true?:darkbeer:

· Registered
435 Posts
I say BS because my dealer himself said he replaces the factory strings with Winners Choice as soon as they come in.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pro shop guy I was talking to said that when he replaces the strings with after market ones he assumes liability for the warranty. I guess the idea was to prevent people from making thier own strings too light to increase speed, and causing mechanical issues with the bows.

· Registered
7,294 Posts
so if i buy a truck and replace the goodyear tires with bf goodrich, the warranty is no good?

· Registered
14,546 Posts
yes thats completely incorrect! what strings dont affect warranty at all

· Back Yard Champion
35,923 Posts
I say BS because my dealer himself said he replaces the factory strings with Winners Choice as soon as they come in.
New bow and replaces strings? You're kidding, right?

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I build all the custom strings for my local bowtech dealer and he will not put any of my strings on a bowtech he said he cant becouse he would be knowingly voiding the warranty

· Registered
279 Posts
Bowtech and Hoyt Strings

So why doesn't bowtech and hoyt warranty not just the parts of the bow but their strings too if they are not going to let you put someone else's strings since they want to be that anal. You pay all this money for a new bow to get the warranty and then you cannot do what you want with the bow. Quick fix would be send bow back to factory with factory strings when something goes wrong except if the company found out they would take you to court for fraud and try to sue you for more than the bow is worth.

· Registered
265 Posts
I have never read a warranty card that says using custom strings will void the warranty

Am I missing somthing??
+1

If it is true (which I very well would believe), it has nothing to do with warranty claims. Its about pedalling their own products.

Hoyt= Fuse strings
Bowtech= In house string manufacturing
Mathews= Zebra/ Baracuda

What better way to try push your products on someone else than to say, we will not warranty your equipment if you don't buy what we tell you. What's next, if you don't shoot the specific arrows we like, then we won't warranty your bow?

Nice racket. Even the mafia would be proud.

· Registered
248 Posts
From hoyt bow manual......
To assure best results, replace your string and cables when wear is evident or every two years under normal use conditions. Insist that FUSE string and cables be used on your bow. All Hoyt bow models come equipped with the FUSE Custom String System. Always replace your strings with FUSE brand strings. Beware of lesser quality string and cables as they may alter the performance of your bow or cause damage to it and possibly void warranty.

I could not find any specific language like this in the bowtech warranty info...

· Registered
13,895 Posts
WOW.....I didnt not see this...Im going to look at the 2006 and older bow manuals again...Before Fuse Strings

To assure best results, replace your string and cables when wear is evident or every two years under normal use conditions. Insist that FUSE string and cables be used on your bow. All Hoyt bow models come equipped with the FUSE Custom String System. Always replace your strings with FUSE brand strings. Beware of lesser quality string and cables as they may alter the performance of your bow or cause damage to it and possibly void warranty.

I could not find any specific language like this in the bowtech warranty info...

· Registered
265 Posts
Bowtech strings are some of the best in the business. Oh, I see in your sig that maybe you build aftermarket strings?
As far as manufacturers strings go they are better than fuse. But I've seen a number of guys have serving problems with them. Regardless, its just a way of pushingtheir own products at you whether you want them or not.

· Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
5,001 Posts

The way I see that is if you do use lesser quality strings & cables and something happens BECAUSE of those strings/cable then they might not warranty it.As long as the strings/cables are of good Quality I doubt if there would ever be a problem.........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.