Archery Talk Forum banner

Hoyt and Matthews

1959 Views 28 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  72fj40
In the Archery world championships why do I see way more hoty bows then matthews?
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
395 Posts
hoyt puts out a lot of money for overseas and is a little better known than mathews as far as the entire world is concerned. You have to give big props to hoyt and mathews for putting big money back into our sport! competative and hunting! They are the top 2 bows in the world hands down! Awsome bows and support. The mathews nasp is the greatest thing for the future of the sport!

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Everyone is starting to realize hoyt is more accurate and mathews is hype......:lol3: Had to say it....I used to shoot mathews until i picked up and shot a hoyt....sold all my mathews and bought 3 hoyts....

· Registered
1,884 Posts
I'm a Hoyt guy, but....

there are some great shooters for both brands. On any given day, the Mathews guy could win.

I believe the biggest advantage to shooting a Hoyt is...look at all the different primo bows you can choose from...Ultra Elite, Pro Elite, Vantage Elite. Thennnn, in most instances, you also get to pick the limbs you want and the cams you want to tailor the bow to your style and needs and the venue your shooting. NOBODY offers that kind of personalized bow opportunity. If you can't find a Hoyt riser and limb and cam combination to fit your needs, then you really aren't interested in shooting a Hoyt.

· Registered
47,636 Posts
In the Archery world championships why do I see way more hoty bows then matthews?
I'll go way out on a limb here and take a guess......Hoyt sells more bows than Mathew's??? :lol: I'm sure they sell a heck of a lot more target models than anybody, especially when you consider worldwide sales. In many countries it's almost all there is available.

And they promote more than just 3D.

· Registered
2,051 Posts
there are some great shooters for both brands. On any given day, the Mathews guy could win.

I believe the biggest advantage to shooting a Hoyt is...look at all the different primo bows you can choose from...Ultra Elite, Pro Elite, Vantage Elite. Thennnn, in most instances, you also get to pick the limbs you want and the cams you want to tailor the bow to your style and needs and the venue your shooting. NOBODY offers that kind of personalized bow opportunity. If you can't find a Hoyt riser and limb and cam combination to fit your needs, then you really aren't interested in shooting a Hoyt.
+1 all true

· Registered
6,155 Posts

Martin does ! :darkbeer:

And has done for a lot of years now !

Woody

· Registered
3,683 Posts
to me

seems to me that mathews focuses much more on the hunting world and much less on the target world. i own both a hoyt and a mathews but have owned mostly mathews for the past 15 years and hunted only. to the guy before me who mentioned "grip options", great point. many might argue and say that just the grip can't affect the sales THAT much. to anyone who says that---go strap half a wooden fence post to your bow and then say it.LOL. i took my grip off and now shoot gripless and much more accurately by the way. mathews just doesn't put out many "target bows".

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts

I tip my hat to you my friend !!!

· Registered
241 Posts
t
You have hit the nail on the head I use to shoot an Apex7 I now have gone to a Hoyt Vantage Elite for my target needs. The best target bow ever made.

· Registered
1,733 Posts
I have one of each, an 07 Vulcan and a 07 Drenalin. Haven't shot the Drenalin yet just getting everything ready now going to pick up the metas peep for it today.

Used the Vulcan last year for deer hunting an was impressed with it, I'm sure it will be around for sometime. If something happens that I don't like the Drenalin afew guys that I know have already been trying to get me to sell it to them, then I'll get another Hoyt most likely. don't like the feel of Bowtechs in my hands.

Matt

· Registered
4,056 Posts
Hoyt is simply the best Quality, stability, Balance, accuracy, customer service.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.